Gideon: a backstory

It all started back when I was working for Atlas, a corporation that allows people to buy power for money, the largest non-government military organisation. One of my best friends Ilona worked alongside me throughout the countless missions. Our lives were forever changed when we met one of the new recruits called Mitchell. Irons eagerly offered him a spot on the team after his commander sacrificed himself to save Mitchell, but after losing his arm to a piece of shrapnel, he discovered his days in the marines were over.

Once Irons fixed him up with an arm he instructed me to show him around, so I joined him as the commander in charge of the simulation. The first run-through of the simulation caused troubles because he was pushing himself too far on his new arm, so I took him on a tour of the compound, eager for a break, after taking him to the biomechanical engineering lab to get his arm recalibrated. After proving his worth in explosives, heavy artillery, stealth and hand to hand combat Irons decided that he was ready for his first in field mission, but not soon after we discovered that Irons and his company, atlas, was planning a massive gas strike on the world largest cities that only his soldiers were immune to.

Once we secured the intel on Manticore we were instructed to meet up with Cormack to pass over what we had learned, but we were intercepted by atlas and our plans were ruined as we fell victim to his first gas strike and after being captured, we broke free and ended up joining Mitchell who was also captured. We ran a makeshift mission where we hijacked a pair of Goliath's and successfully destroyed his missiles before they could launch, but little did we know by destroying the compound, we unleashed the zombie virus. Once we made it out of Atlas and back to a nearby Sentinel base by the skin of our teeth, we were transported back in time to France 1918 in the middle of an apocalypse where we met Fish, Rose, Tank, Richtofen, Nikolai and Takeo, unfortunately, Nikolai and Takeo went M.I.A and Ilona and Mitchell didn't survive the teleportation process.

this is my first attempt at writing a backstory so let me know if you enjoyed it and if i should do a backstory on all the other characters.