Prologue

"Look out!" She exclaimed, quickly followed by the screeching of metal and shattering of glass.
~
These are the last sounds that Patient Zero heard. One of our agents, posing as a nurse, was able to intercept her case, and place Patient within the care of Doctor O'Brian, who is sympathetic to our cause upon arrival to the hospital. We were quickly able to intercept the Patient's guardian and obtain permission to save the Patient's life. During life-saving operation, our operative was successfully able to inject the serum into Patient's intravenous fluid, thus securing the link between Patient Zero and Patient X. The following notes and documentation are what preceded and then followed the surgery.
~
"We were very lucky to have gotten her to the hospital as quickly as we did. However, shards of glass from the collision have made their way past one of her eardrums and are very near her brain. We need to move her into surgery as quickly as possible. The sooner we are able to do the procedure, the less damage will be caused by the shards of glass. But I must warn you that once we do this surgery, she will lose hearing in at least one of her ears. Do you wish to proceed?"

"Yes, do it. I just want my baby girl back."

~
A/N - okay... I have no idea if anyone still pays attention to my account or not. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.  I've been inactive on this story for several years. And yes, part of that is because it was so badly written that I just wanted to erase it from my memory. But I found it again! Yay! So, here's the stitch. I'm working on completely rebooting this whole thing. Somewhat of a new plot, new characters, hopefully, some awesome action scenes! But I would like to apologize and thank you for being willing to read my work the first time around. It wasn't real writing and it wasn't good writing either. I was just taking parts of my life and making it a little better, a little bit more exciting... and I wasn't doing a good job of that...

Anyway! I'm renaming this book "It Takes Two". Dorky? Maybe. Will it be any good? Hopefully!

I'm trying to learn all I can about writing, so if you have any tips, throw them my way! The thing is, I'm not going to update for a couple of weeks so that I can get this thing underway and be able to get onto a regular updating schedule. Please do be patient. I'm still learning and figuring out where this is ending up, but I'm excited!

Thanks, Loves!