Olennah's P.O.V

“Hello??” I spoke quietly once more. No one answered. I guessed it was vacant. The houses I checked on Kingsmead were empty as well. No food. I was soaked in rain. I began to ply the bottom of the parking garage doors open with my slippery hands. Once they were open, I maneuvered under and let it close behind me once again. I saw someone and moved closer—a boy. Around six foot, lanky, somewhat muscular, dark hair. Though his skin was so pale I could see it in the dark. He glowed.

“I can see you,” I spoke hastily.

“Yeah? I can see you,” he spewed back, and I saw a movement. He probably crossed his arms, “Who are you?”

I moved closer and glared at his glowing figure, “Olennah. I was looking for foo-“

“I already picked all of the food from there,” he paused, “and it’s gone. There’s no more left around here.”

I made a sound, then spoke firmly. “Who are you? I haven’t seen anyone in months.”

“Tyde,” he answered. Then uncrossed his arms.

“Is everyone gone?” I questioned.

“Obviously. Or they’re freaking zombies. Either way, I’ve been in here for a month and a half, slowly running out of food,” Tyde’s tone was fiery.

“Were you here with people?”

“My friend and little brother. Ben disappeared and my brother died.”

I went silent, and invited myself in a bit more. I sat on the hard floor and leaned my spine to the walls.