Chapter 1

December 31 2019. 4:30PM.
Golden Hill St., Euyork City.

It was as if time has stopped. She didn't even notice that it has been 5 minutes after the incident. She was there, on her knees, rooted on the same spot. The same exact spot that she was kneeling on beside her parents until their last breath.

The medical team informed her that they will send her parents' bodies to be given a proper burial. She didn't respond and let them take the corpse to where ever they should take it. Lianne wasn't really close to her parents but she still feels bad because they took her in and treated her like she was their real child. Lianne was an adopted child, taken from a foster home whose owned by her mother's sister. Lianne doesn't have any idea who her real parents were, at first she was very curious but as time passed by, her curiousity flew with the wind as the days she spent with her new parents blew them off.

The cold breeze from the outside pushed Lianne out of her thoughts. The said girl blinked a few times at the open door which was where the medical team left with her parents. As she looked out on the road, she caught sight of the old vintage car her father used to ride going to his work. She stood up and ran to her room at the speed of light, pushing her door close with a loud bang. She hurries to her closet, throwing out all clothes that she can find and stuffing them inside her big luggage. After she emptied her whole closet, she moves to her drawers. Throwing in whatever valuable things that she would need. After a couple of minutes, she has successfully filled 2 luggages. As her hands rest on the rusty door knob, voices was heard from outside their home.

"The smell of human blood is strong in here, should we check it out?" A man said.

"Nah, it's probably the blood of the Callaghan family. I heard that Vincent attacked the people inside this house." Another man said followed by footsteps that started to fade.

Lianne didn't even notice that she was holding her breath the entire time, gripping on the door knob as if her life depends on it. She took a big amount of breath in and sighed. Turning the knob, she slowly pulled the door open, taking small quiet steps out of her room, tip toeing thrue the kitchen where she stored all food that could keep her alive for at least a month. Taking a big empty paper bag, she slowly and quietly filled it 'till nothing could fit in. She wiped her hands clean as she eyed the now empty refregirator and shelves where they used to store all their supplies. Chuckling softly, she made her way back to her room and took out the luggages which was filled with the things she needed. She eyed her pink room where she used to sleep and work from when she first took a step in the house. Roaming her eyes around it, a picture hanging on the wall caught her eye. It was the first family picture they had when she graduated from middle school. A smile unknowingly creeps up on her face, as if it was programmed to stretch upwards everytime she sees them.

But as the thought of them no longer breathing passed her mind, she frowned and let out a sigh. Stepping out of the room that she used to call her own with her luggages behind her. She glanced outside the door and noticed that the sky was starting to go dark. She hurriedly step in her parents room and looked for the car keys as she ran out and carried her luggages to the trunk.

After everything's in the car, she looked at the house that she grew up to and smiled as a tear roll down her cheeks. She knows that her parents would want her to stay, but she knows they want her more to be safe. She shut the door close and wore her shoes, making her way to the driver's seat of the car. Starting the engine, she pulled out to the road and gave her old house one last glance beforw heading to that one place where she knew she was going to be safe.

"I'm coming grandpa, please wait for me."