out of the den

Storm blinked her eyes open and yawned widely waking up  to the noise of activity out side the den. She looked around to make sure no one else was awake then launched herself up to the entrance of the cave and just as she was about to exit the den someone pulled her back it was her mum "mum" she whined "I wanna go outside" "not until your father come to get you for your apprentice ceremony!" Moon said, scolding her pup. Just then, as if on cue, King arrived at the entrance of the cave "are my pus ready to become apprentices?" he asked in his booming voice, while Storm had been being scolded she failed to notice that her siblings had woken up "ya!" they all said at the same time "ok when we go out there you will line up in front of the other wolves and I will introduce them, then the highest ranking wolf, not counting me, will choose if he wants you as his apprentice then going to the next highest rank and so on until you all have mentors got it" they all nodded and he said "than let's go"

     he lead them out of the den and into the camp for the first time Storm noticed how there was many more caves lining the clearing that her pack occupied, the clearing was lined with trees and a giant rock stood in the very center. the adult wolves were gathered around the rock and King jumped up on top of the rock to start the ceremony.

      "these pups have reached the age of apprenticeship so let the ceremony begin!" their father announced

     the pups lined up as their father had instructed them to and a large grey wolf stepped forwards "I am Stone and I will mentor and train Prince" he said as he touched noses with Prince who had grown slightly taller than Storm but not by much

      As Prince and Stone stepped to the side a smaller white wolf came forwards "I am snow second to Stone and I will mentor and train Shadow" she leaned her head forward and touched noses with her new apprentice

       After Snow came a silver wolf with gold flecks "I am Olympia second to Snow and I will mentor and train Storm" they both reached forward and touched noses

         The next wolf was light brown with darker paws named Oak who choose to mentor Tempest. when our apprentice ceremony was over more pups walked out of another cave one was an auburn pup named Tigerlily was given a grey wolf named Shade as a mentor, a tan wolf named Sahara was picked by a dark brown wolf named Borei, a wolf found as a pup in the forest with no parents.

           Once all the pups had mentors they gathered in the middle of the clearing with their mentors while the other adult wolves went back to their dens. "let's start training" Stone announced with a smile.