Chapter 10

I can't remember the first time we met but I'm told my first word was you. God gave me what would turn out to be my best friend for what I thought would be and I would have till the day we depart or far after. Day and night u spent caring for me endlessly, watching tv, playing games or going to the store which all seemed like some adventure in my 6 year old mind. Come night fall u spent ur nights fighting off the monsters under my bed and in the deep depths of darkness coming from my closet. The monsters under my bed never once placed a hand onto me same with the things in the closet. But as time passed, as things changed, as we grew up, apart and separate; I've found one thing I had to be scared of, and it was u. The last person in my mind I thought I would ever being scared of, and in the end it's you. Over the years I hugged me less, and loved me lesser, the love u once had for this daughter was numbed away and behind all the drinking and drugs you consumed. All u are left remembered by me, is a part of my childhood that was left behind and never had a happy ending. A child should not have to worry if there would be food in the house tomorrow. A child should not have to worry if the police are going to come again and I child should never question if there father really loves them at the end of the day.
For years I was that kid.
U promised me you would always fight off the things that scare me, like the monsters under my bed for instance, but what if you where the monster all along?
A monster u could never battle was ur self in the end.