five

I slept really well that night.

I woke up sometime in the afternoon, I guessed it was afternoon because the sun's rays were shining brightly in my room, and they're the reason behind me waking up from my sound sleep in the first place.

My mind was still buzzing with the remnants of yesterday.

Everything was too strange.

Bumping into Alexis, was more than strange.

But I wouldn't deny how much I loved it. She's so pretty.

And the Donovan case..I couldn't stop thinking about it even though I wanted to.

I had four days left to begin with investigation, and I still didn't have any information on my hands.

Nothing at all.

After showering and being all dressed up, getting started with some research on Donovan, I speculated, was a good idea.

I looked up Google, but nothing.

There were endless number of search results for Miles, and for other people related to Donovan, but nothing of Donovan himself.

If the police has been looking for this man for ten years, he's good at keeping himself hidden.

He's great, and it's something he's good at.

There were two ways he manages to stay hidden.

One, he disguises himself every single time, and maybe that's why nobody knows how he looks like.

Two, he has his own men who are appointed by him to do his dirty work, and they don't know what Donovan looks like, either.

And third, it could be both of them.

He could be living on a well known street in London, disguises himself every time he steps foot outside his house, and only interacts with his men through cellphones or emails.

That way, none of them know what Donovan looks like.

I attained decent information about Miles and a few other people who were close to Donovan, or so the files and Google claimed, and after writing down important points that I needed to remember, I decided to head to the office.

Gemma emailed, saying they wouldn't be here until night as their flight had delayed, and I thanked god for that.

Now, I could have enough time for some work that has to be done.

I was more than pleased when I saw that my car was still clean and tidy.(thanks a lot to my housekeeper)

The best part was that I lived in very close proximity to my office, so my time wasted in travelling was always cut down short.

"Agent Styles," I nodded when Stephanie obliged as I walked past her, straight into my office.

Setting up my computer and laying down all the files on the large desk that was mine, I started trying to figure things out.

There were two big incidents that occurred between 2005 and 2010 that Donovan had masterminded.

The first one being the transport of weapons in bulk, to Australia from Great Britain.

It was a shame that a few of the police force were found to be involved with the same, and we're executed after.

The other incident was the export of drugs. Cocaine, Marijuana, and what not.

This guy was not only ridiculously smart, but he was one of a kind, the one who had been extremely careful all along.

All suspects had turned out to be people who knew absolutely nothing about Donovan (even though they were the one's who did all of D's dirty work. )

The file had a few names,

Ben Quinneś, Dean M. Spenner, Ashťnoć Vlaśkós and Vľadmor Xanovíc.

These guys weren't English. They were Greek or something, they had to be.

Or those weren't their names, they were code names that the police and CSI didn't manage decoding.

I felt like my brain was going to explode with all the information that I has attained in the past couple of hours, and taking a short break seemed ideal, but there was no time.

I had to get somewhere with this.

I hear someone briefly knocking on my door, and when I ask them to come in, it's my assistant Stephanie.

"Sir, Someone's on the phone for you, they say they need to talk to you about something important and it cannot be delayed. Do I transfer the phone call to you?"

"Who is it?"

"They won't say their name, Sir." She looks terrified.

"Tranfer them to my office number," I set up a search engine. "Immediately, Stephanie."

"In a heartbeat, Sir." And with that, she hurriedly leaves.

Pressing the phone to my ears, I hear someone's heavy breathing.

"Who is this?" My voice is steady, and then I hear someone laugh on the other end.

"Heard you're back from France, Agent?" The man laughs again. "Did you think you were getting away with killing one of my men?"

"Are you talking about Miles?" I asked.

"Yes, Styles. Don't be so oblivious, you know exactly what I mean. You killed one of my best men."

"Miles was a murderer. He deserved what he got."

I glance at the screen and then I noticed that it was a private number, and so, there was no way I could have a search engine work it for me.

Damn it.

"He was my best friend. And now, since you're on the case, I'm going to shoot you like you shot Miles. You should start counting your days."

The person hangs up, and I sit down with my head in my hands.

There was only one person the man on the phone could be.

Donovan himself.

Don't forget to vote and let me know what you think! :')