1

ryan hated the little birthmark on his wrist. he didn't understand why, he just did. it made him insecure. again, he just didn't understand why. the thing was, everyone had a birthmark. it could be on their left wrist or their right wrist. some people even have a mark on both, although it is pretty rare. the marks could be big or small or medium size. no matter what, everyone had at least one. ryan really shouldn't feel bad about having that tiny little mark on the top of his right wrist. but he did and it infuriating him because it was just. one. stupid. birthmark.

he rubbed his left thumb on it. his legs were dangling off of the wall he was sitting on. there were kids screaming, squealing, and their parents telling them to use their inside voices even though they were outside. the park was loud, but it soothed him on days like this, where he felt just as insecure as the day before. ryan was skinny and bony, he hated it. his hair was too brown and normal, he hated that too. his nose was as small as a button that made him look more like a girl, nobody knows how much he hates his goddamn nose.

he sighed as he covered the mark with the many bracelets he wears on that same wrist just to hide it from other people's sight. a lot were beaded ones and others were made out of fake leather that he got as a present from spencer. he jumped down off from the wall. it was a perfect landing, of course, the wall wasn't that high. he grabbed his backpack that was on the floor and started to walk home. the fallen, brown leaves crunched below his ugly hand-me-down shoes. as he walks past the basketball court he hears the noise of shoes sliding across the concrete and the ball hitting on the ground. he turns his head for a quick second but still notices one person.

brendon urie.

ryan has had a stupid little boy crush on brendon since seventh grade. how could he not? especially right now where he doesn't have a shirt on and his raven hair is sticking to his sweaty forehead. his shining smile when he beaten the opponent team's asses almost made ryan's heart quicken to the point of death. he had to stop himself from hitting a pole when he was centimeters away from it. ryan blushed so hard. he was afraid that brendon saw him almost bang his head against a metal pole.

"hey ryan!" brendon called out. ryan turned to the side and saw him at the edge of the court, waving frantically. he waved back shyly. he tries to block his redden face with his other hand.

"hey bren, we're starting a new game," another boy yelled. ryan thinks his name is jon. he was in his science class but ryan never really cared about his classmates in any of his classes. he just sits in the way back and does his work.

"see you at school, ryan," brendon waved at him again before turning around and headed toward the half-court line.

~~~

the walk home was boring. the only thing that was on ryan's mind was the pretty brown-eyed boy that was playing basketball. spencer always teases ryan for not talking to bendon after all these years. brendon says hello to them every day when they go to their first class but ryan just blushes and doesn't say anything back. that's around the time where spencer smirks or hits him on the shoulder.

ryan has his headphones on and his "homework" playlist is playing. he's got a lead pencil in hand with his homework on the white desk that his father got him at a yard sale when high school started. when he was on the last problem for his math work, he heard some tapping noise. he tried to ignore it thinking that it was just on his mind. the tapping never stopped though. ryan tried to focus on the work in front of him but it just didn't stop. so he swiveled in a full 90° angle facing his window only to see mr. spencer smith holding a bunch of pebbles in his hand. he threw one more pebble to the window then dropped them all.

"can i come in?" spencer asked as he wiped his dirt covered hand on his blue jeans. ryan's dad wasn't currently home so ryan just shrugged and nodded. he took off his headphones then walked over to the wide window that was built on the left side of the room, directly in front of the desk. he pulled up the window, letting in a cool autumn breeze into the room.

"very romantic of you to throw rocks at my window spencer but you know you could've just went to the front door," ryan said as spencer slipped off from the windowsill.

"i'm not dumb ry. i know you won't hear me as i'm ringing the doorbell twenty times per second," spencer said. ryan re-closed the window as spencer laid down on his bed. "so whats you doing?"

ryan plopped down on the chair, "math homework."

"yuck." there was a silence as ryan finished up his work and spencer played a game on his phone. ryan placed his pencil down and wiped his face. he slipped the binder paper filled with nonsense equations into the math book then placed it on the other side of the desk "there's been a thing that people have been talking about," spencer said, not taking his eyes off of his little device, "have you heard of it?"

"what thing?" there were many "things" floating around everywhere. ryan just needs a little more detail.

"the one about why we have these birthmarks," spencer said.

ryan slipped down his bracelets to reveal the mark. it was shaped like a crescent moon, not exactly though, but very similar to one. "no, i haven't"

"well basically, if you have the same birthmark as someone, and i mean the exact same mark, then you two are basically soulmates," spencer explains.

ryan brought the bracelets backup. "well that's interesting. "

interesting indeed.

---

hi i've been working on this fic since january i think

i'm pretty proud of it ngl

and um if any mutuals read this um i'm sorry? i suck at everything