Innocent Love

After my dad dragged me into the house and gave me 'the talk', I took a shower and texted my mother. She didn't reply because in England it's time for her work but I suppose I should get used to this latency.

As I lay in bed my thoughts wander off to Jake. Why did he kiss me? Does he like me?

Soft thump by my window dragged me back to reality, my heart rate accelerates and I quickly glance over to catch Jake slowly walking towards me.

"What the hell are you doing!" I whisper yell, I don't fancy explaining to my dad why Jake is half-naked and in my room. 

"I missed you" He smiles.

"You saw me two hours ago" I smile, not having it in me to be annoyed with him for more than a second. 

"Oh yeah," he rubs the back of his neck and awkwardly shifts his weight from one foot to the other foot.

"Come here" I pat my bed next to me and smiled at him. A real smile. One that I haven't let anyone see since my parents divorce. Jake sits next to me and looks deeply into my eyes.

"I need to tell you something" He sounds troubled, I don't like it. 

"Anything" I try to look serious but every time I look at him I want to smile.

"How familiar are you to our tribe's legends?"

"Nothing" I shake my head

"I guessed" We laugh before Jake takes my hands in his.

"Please, no matter how crazy it seems, keeps listening" I nod.

                                                                                                     ***

The next hour and a half Jake explained his tribe's legends and how they were true. 

"S-so y-you're a w-werewolf?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Yeah" Jake smiled lopsidedly

"O-okay" I smile back and yawn. 

"Sleep Cupcake" Jake whispers.

"Will you stay?" I ask, already half asleep.

"Of course, cupcake." Jake gently traced patterns on my shoulder and arm until I felt into a deep sleep.

                                                                                                      ***

I woke up late on Sunday morning or rather afternoon, my dad was at work, he does boat repairs and stuff, so Jake made pancakes. Unfortunately, due to my late awakening, most of the pancakes were gone.

"How are you cupcake?" Jake asks, leaning down to look in my eyes as I gobble down the pancakes. Damn, they are good!

   "Great!" I'm not lying, I think that was the best sleep ever.

"Would you like to come round for tea?" I almost choke

"Y-you want me to meet your parents?" I whisper.

"Well, it's only me and my dad" Jake looks down. I cover his giant hand with my smaller hand.

"I'd love to come round for tea" I smile brightly.

"Realy!?" Jake shouts while jumping up and down like a kid.

"Of course" I laugh, placing my fork down. Jake immediately looks down.