77 | the truth about idols

-77-

this one is more of a harsh truth rather than an opinion, but i felt like sharing it because it needs to be acknowledged more.

you don't know your faves on a personal level and you never will. what you see on variety shows and vlogs or whatever, is usually an idol's on screen personality. companies tell idols how to act, and basically form their personalities, they'll tell them to be "the cute one" or "the loud one" etc. 90% of all the variety shows they're on are scripted, and they're told what jokes to say and how to react.

what i'm saying is that you should never 100% trust your kpop idols and blindly defend everything they do, or rely on kpop as a solution to your irl issues. if your entire world revolvs around your favorite oppar and turns out your oppar is a sex offender (like seungri), you will be absolutely devastated if you don't have anything/anyone else to rely on.

i'm not trying to say that you should be sceptical of every single thing your faves do, and not be attached to them at all. because in fact, i'm very attached to hyunjin, even more than i'd like to admit, and i would feel really betrayed and lied to if he turned out to be a criminal or anything similar to that. but kpop should not be your entire world and you need to remember that you don't know your faves.