Thanks God Is Christmas

(listen to the song while reading)

It's Christmas Eve, the four friends are gathered at Freddie's house, ready to have a wonderful celebration. Freddie, Roger and John are sitting in the living room waiting for Brian to finish preparing Christmas dinner since none of them are fit to set foot in the kitchen.

While they waited for the meal, Freddie decided to start a conversation so that time would pass a little faster.

Freddie- So ... what do you plan to do after the party?

John was silent and Roger shrugged responding...

Roger- I really don't have anything good to do, my parents aren't home and it's boring to be alone.

-I can't believe you still live with your parents, Rog! - Freddie scoffed.

John was about to speak when Brian entered the room with a tray in his hands. Suddenly, the whole room was filled with an incredible smell. Roger didn't hesitate for a second and hurried to see what Brian had cooked. As soon as the tall man turned his back on Roger, the boy put his finger on one of the plates to try it, but, of course, the food was freshly made, so the boy burned, and threw a falsetto sharper than the barking of a Chihuahua, calling the attention of the whole band (possibly the whole street).

-Roger! Little naughty, what did you think would happen? The food is boiling! - Brian said while biting his lips to keep from laughing.

Freddie and John did not hesitate to laugh, which caused the little blond to change to all colors.

Brian could not resist and laughed along with his other two companions, causing Roger to laugh shyly at his side.

The boys laughed so much that when they stopped, their eyes were full of tears and their stomach ached as if they had gone to the gym.

After the laughter, silence ruled in the living room until Brian cleared his throat causing everyone to start laughing uncontrollably again.

After another session of pure joy, everyone went to the table where the food was already.

While the band was having dinner, Freddie decided to take the floor.

Freddie- You all look lovely tonight.

-Thanks Fred, you too look good too. - John said warmly.

Freddie blushed at that comment and continued.

-Thanks you Deaky. Now, everyone brought the gifts for the exchange?

John and Brian nodded and Roger said with food in his mouth.

- I doubt that any of you found a better gift than mine.

- We'll see - Freddie said narrowing his eyes.

- Roger, don't talk while you eat - Brian said as he cut the vegetables on his plate.

Roger just pouted in his chair and didn't answer.

The boys talked throughout dinner, except John, it was enough to hear what his friends told...