Pursuing Threats Part 1

November 20th, 2038 8:23am

It was still early, Detectives and Officers just now starting to swarm into the office. Like a group of sheep being forced into a pin but with DPD officers and Detectives trying to make money. Also trying to get the last sprinkled donut before anyone else.

Captian Fowler sat at his desk in his glass office drinking a regular black coffee. He had a donut in his hand as he looked over the case files on his terminal. He looked quite peaceful really, strange considering what had been going on lately. 

No one had seen Lieutenant Anderson in a while tho. It didn't really worry anyone because he usually didn't get noticed he was doing his job until he turned in his reports. Sad really. It was strange tho. A different feel this time around. Something was wrong....you hadnt seen him since you went and got his car...tho, Connor had talked to him this morning right? He had to be okay if he did...

...right? He couldn't be hurt, or even worse killed.

You and Connor sat in front of the analysis of the hair he got from the bodies broadcasted on the large screen in the lab. What laid in it was something you, nor Connor, excepted. Really, no one would have expected it.

It should have been a profile with a name, information, and a picture. And it was, but it wasn't someone's profile. It was clues. In the top left corner was a picture. Someone was there, head facing towards the ground with a black hood pulled up. Their hair hung out of it. The same color as the hair sample. You could barely see it, but a sinister smile was hidden away in the shadows. It was creepy. A full smile, almost like it was a cartoon but it wasnt....which made it more frightening.

Next to the picture, it said Name. The name read, 'Your Secret Admirer'. Yeah, A crazed, lunatic admirer if this is who you thought it was.

The information on the person was what made you question it more. 'I see you found your first hint. I guess I should give you another, aye? Well, let's see. Hm. The places between buildings can hide some scary things. The one you're looking for is across from some spicy wings. Let's hope you can find this place quickly. You have until 3:15 to complete all your tasks, if you dont...there will be consequences.'

This is what set the deal in stone. You have a time limit. Until what? No one knew really. Well, this person did, but you didn't. Connor didn't. Hell, Perkins didn't. Well, you wouldn't let him know about this in the first place but you get it.

"'This one you're looking for is across from some spicy wings'...Maybe a restaurant?" You question. "If so, we know which one. There's only one place in Detroit that sells only spicy wings." You turn towards Connor. "Even if you are right, we don't even know what we're looking fo-"

'The places in between buildings can hide some scary things'. An alleyway. They sit in between buildings and there are rats, trash, sometimes even killers in them. That can be quiet terrifing. "What?"

"An alleyway." Connor looks towards you, biting his bottom lip. "Your right...Luna, make sure no one gets this report. Y/n. We have to go. Now." He then turns around on his heel, ripping open the door. You quickly follow him, the door closing behind you.

"God, I hope Gavin isn't up here." Connor mumbles as he walks up the stairs to the door opens the door when he gets to the top of the stairs. "Yeah, I hope he isn't either..." You mumble.

You followed him out of the door and into the main part of the station, ideas running in and out of your mind. What was going to happen at 3:15? If someone tries to hurt Connor...

Your LED turns red just thinking about that factor. Connor notices as you follow him out of the station. He doesn't say anything, deciding that it would probably be better off if he didn't. He was right, you probably would have felt something. Not that you hadn't for the past 24 hours.