It Goes Down in the DM

Flashback 

       I woke up and immediately turned over and grabbed my phone. 5 text messages from people I don't care to speak to, two missed Facetime calls and three missed calls from somebody's aggy ass babydaddy.

I proceeded to check my social media, Instagram first. A few dm's that probably won't ever be opened were there per usual, then I scrolled my notifications.

"Oh, that's a random like, let me look at this nigga's page." I said to myself. "Damn, can somebody melt him and pour him on me?"

It's very rare that I'd ever approach a man, but when I tell you he looked like God handcrafted him just for me, I meant that. I contemplated and decided against it, I liked a few of his pictures and exited the app.

I proceeded to get dressed for work and pack my bookbag for school.

On my first break at work I checked my phone and started to smile small. He'd liked another picture and I took that as a sign from God to slide in his DMs.

Me: Hey, I think you're extremely handsome. I'm not usually this bold, but we're obviously playing the "like" game. I'm interested.

Him: Thank you. I think you're pretty. But I have to be honest, I have a girlfriend.

At that point I damn near wanted to crawl under a rock, but my fuck shit button activated itself.

Me: That's fine. I think we can be friends... if that's cool with you.

Him: Shit, that's cool with me.

Me: Text me sometimes – Britt

I went back to work with a smile on my face, because Brittany always gets what Brittany wants.

I got off at 4 and checked my phone and there it was... He'd texted me.

I immediately texted him back and told him I wanted to meet him asap. I had a break at school that night and suggested that he came, and he agreed.

I was in school for medical assisting, so I had on a basic pair of scrubs, I threw on some lipgloss on and sprayed a little perfume and waltzed outside.

Walking to the car I started to become nervous, I had to talk myself through the jitters.

"Hey", I said not even able to look him in the eyes.

"Wassup girl" he said.

After that it was history... but let me take you guys on this rollercoaster.