NEVER Fading Memories

This story is written for the contest organised by VYRLO originals.

THEMED: #jaanedemujhe or #letmego

Thanks AmbassadorsIN  for letting me know about this contest.

Its a one shot ( and too short )

CHARACTER: GodtBas ( my bias as ever)

WRITTEN/SUBMITTED:  25/07/2k19

Enjoy reading it and do tell me your thoughts about it na....

But beware, it might make u sad....

Thank u....🙏

Happy reading...

*********

Bas's POV

I couldn't forget the day we parted P'. How could I, when  I always felt as if a very important part of me was left behind.

That night was never supposed to exist....

I might rot in hell for making you suffer like that but its ok to me as long as it brings happiness in your life. However, being without you is no less then living in hell, itself.

We were happy , I know, but how could have I let it happen when your parents disowned you just because you decided to love a person like me. I had loved you too much just to patiently see you hurting alone. 

Putting up a brave face, so I couldn't see the pain behind those blinding smiles . You weren't supposed to be criticised or abandoned just for loving someone society won't accept.

I know that was absurd but still I asked you to let me go.

It always broke my heart to see you left behind by people,  who once claimed to be our friend, just after we came out as one to them.

I didn't knew what difference it created in us for being together. I was naive, I know but as long as being away from me brings peace and calmness in your life , I'm happy to be left behind.

I still remember those last words that I said to you while you kept sobbing of desperateness , not wanting me to leave.

"P'Godt ! I had made you suffer enough , but not anymore so beloved jus...... just let me go!!"

I left you alone in that dark street wailing. Screaming th ..... that you will die ..... die if I ever let you go. So never P'...... I swear I never let go of you . You are still in my heart.

But physically I still did, without giving a second glance your way. From where would have I ever gotten the courage to look back P' , when I , myself, was a mess. A distorted one.

However seeing you, from afar, laughing and being carefree with your little family had eased my guilt that I carried ever since.

Atleast now you won't be stopped from showing affection to your wife irrespective of the place or situation you are in. And that little bundle of joy in your hands, I wish I was the one to give her to you but anyways.

I'm contend just by seeing you being happy with them , even if it makes my heart bleed of loneliness and longing.

*********

It might have not mattered to you , what people thought of us but it did to me and I couldn't have them look down on the man I loved . Who was my everything and not to say but you still are.

Anyway what good would have it brought to you if you kept loving a man like me , who can't even give you a normal family . So to make your life better

"I let go of the only man, I'll ever love."

THE END

**********

It ended exactly on 500 words. 😥😥😥