Chapter 2

Yoongi's POV

It's Thursday and I just got home from school. Yewon came home first as she is younger than me, I'm already in 2nd year college and she's at Grade 11. What an age gap right? We live together and we have consent from both parties so it was fine.

"Mom I told you I'm fine!" I hear Yewon's voice from inside our room. I tiptoed towards our room and silently listened to her. You can say that I'm eavesdropping but I'm just curious.

"I'm not gonna die hiking up a mountain!" Die? What does she mean?

"It's also only for two days, we'll be back before you even know it."

"Mom what's the point of living if you die without even doing something memorable once in your life?" Why is she and her Mom talking about death? I slowly knocked on the door interrupting her and her mother.

"I'll call you." She said in a lower volume then opened the door to our room.

"Hi Baby." She greeted smiling, I smiled back pretending that I didn't hear their conversation.

"Hello." I said and hugged her. She hugged me back and I kissed her forehead. "Have you told your Mom yet?" I asked and she nodded.

"The trip will be fun! Super fun!" She said smiling widely even though her Mom doesn't approve of her going to the hike. What are you hiding from me Kim Yewon? You never hid anything from me.

"Yes it will!" I said smiling and hugging her tightly but deep inside I was worried for her. Why is she like this? Kim Yewon tell me, I'll understand!

(Time Skip)

Two days passed by and today we're preparing to go hiking. As for Yewon? She never told me about it, maybe it's not something major so I shrugged it off. She would've told me if it was.

"GUYS!!!" They shouted when they saw us. We met up at the bottom so we could climb up together.

"Let's go?" Yerin said and we nodded. The first 1 hour was easy but very tiring and after another hour of hiking night fell.

"Let's set up camp here." RM suggested when we found the perfect site to stay for the night. We built up our tents and made a fire.

"Here." SinB and Jhope said passing on some food that they brought. We thanked them and ate in peace. We sang and talked throughout the whole bonfire until we decided to rest.

"Baby." Yewon called lying down on my arm. The top of our tent is transparent so we could see the stars. It's so peaceful and quiet here. I love it!

"Hmm?"

"Here." She said and put something inside my hand. I opened my hand and saw a heart shaped locket. I opened it and it has a picture of her and me inside. Something in me fluttered and I was touched by her gift, I can't believe that I mean this special to her.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"Why you don't like it?" She asked back.

"No no! I love it but today is just a normal day. There's nothing special so what's the gift for?" I explained to her. She smiled at me and hugged me tightly.

"It's not just a normal day for you but for me, every day that I'm with you is a special day." I smiled at her words and it made me wonder. What did I do to deserve such a wonderful blessing such as her in my life?

"You know what?" She paused and I looked at her. "My dream is to reach the peak of this mountain."

"But we are gonna reach the top of this mountain. Tomorrow." I said and she smiled. I don't know if it was just me or she smiled bitterly. I got worried when a tear fell from her eye.

"Why are you crying?" I asked and she shook her head.

"I'm just happy that you became a part of my life." She said and I smiled. I stayed silent for a few minutes smiling and rubbing her back before answering.

"I'm happy for that too." I said and got no response. I looked at her and she's sleeping already. I smiled and kissed her forehead gently.

"I love you." I whispered staring at her, familiarizing every part of her face them fell asleep.