Chapter 1: The Will

"We are here today for the reading of Mr.Rhys' will. If you would all like to take a seat we shall begin, all here or not."

Tears littered my face and my eyes were red. One week. One week that my pillow has been drenched. One week that my sheets have been thrown off the bed in the middle of the night. One week that I have been sitting with my knees tucked to my chest. One week that my visions been blurry. One week of crying over him.

The attorney began reading.

"To my..."

He was cut off by the large meeting doors rushing open. A blonde boy raced in puffing.

"I'm here. It's okay we can start now."

Who is this boy? Why is he here?

"We were going to start without you anyway." The attorney spoke rolling his eyes.

I looked down at my hands and pulled my knees to my chin with tears threatening to spill.

The attorney returned to speaking again.

"To my dearest and most beloved sister

I leave:

My love that I own for you, the gratitude and respect that I always had for you and everything sweet in my heart that I hold for you.

I also leave:

All of my money that I once owned,

The house that we shared,

My car in which we had many adventures,

Anything that is in my room,

But the most important thing I want you to have is my safe."

A tear slipped from my puffy, red eyes and rolled down my cheek, slowly splashing onto the surface of my jeans.

The man coughed but soon returned to read the imperfect piece of paper, which was clearly once squashed and never intended to be under the eyes of another human.

"And for the one who's lived beside me I leave you:

The responsibilities of which we discussed the other day and of course, my Xbox."

The attorney stood up and left the paper on the wooden desk and walked out.

I wrapped my hands around my head and three more tears trickled my cheeks.

"Hi. I'm Niall." The blonde boy began.

I nodded in my arms until his soft hands lifted my chin up to look at him. Not a word was said as he wiped away my tears with his thumb and he lightly kissed the tear stains that were left on my cheeks.