3.

jinyoung (jj project) // the day

The day starts to pass by quickly the moment he meets Seungyeon; even quicker than he'd prefer. He didn't realize back then how much he's missed this dear friend of his. How much he missed the days when he didn't force himself to grow up. Everything comes back to him the more the kid in front of him speaks. It's like a wave crashing down on him, drowning him of the guilt he tried to ignore to focus on the relationship he thought would last. Seungyeon was only one of the best people people he'd met and chose to leave behind.

Jinyoung continues listening to every word the girl had to say to him with a troubled smile. He pities how limited she could tell her about his life while she does her best to try to let him relive her story from her words, just like the old times.

Lost in the endless conversation with old friends catching up and their feet dragging them to an unmapped location, Jinyoung and Seungyeon find themselves nearing the Eiffel Tower again just as the sun sets. The young man never thought the landmark could get any more beautiful, but it does.

"1,063 feet of wrought iron and you would never think someone could make that into something so beautiful before the Eiffel Tower," the girl starts, goggling at the tip of the tower as if she'd seen it for the first time. "Did you know I actually had to draw that in detail for one of my classes? I thought I'd get sick of it by then but it never fails to mesmerize me every time I see it."

Jinyoung divert his stare from the tower to the girl next to him, unconsciously copying her soft smile. The soft breeze blows at both of them, making him place both of his hands inside his pocket. Because of this, his left hand grazes the spare Eiffel Tower ticket he still has.

"Even more mesmerizing from the inside," Jinyoung mentions, trying to get her to answer a question he has in mind. ". . . right?"

"I'd imagine. Even after three years of staying here, I still haven't gotten the chance to get inside." Seungyeon shakes her head, wondering the reason why she really hasn't visited until now.

'It's your lucky day, kid,' he thought, smiling to himself while fishing out the ticket from his pocket.

Without a word, Jinyoung hands the the ticket in her right hand, startling the other at the contact.

"W-What is that?" she stutters, staring at the man confusingly.

Jinyoung laughs it off, forcing her to take the ticket. "A ticket to get inside. I already went earlier but had an extra with me. It's yours."

"Okay, first of all," she stares at the ticket in her hand bizarrely. "why do you have an extra ticket?"

To this, he already made up an excuse in advance. "I thought I wanted to go twice but now, I want you to go much more."

"But—"

"That ticket is just valid for today," he crosses his arms at her. "Go. I'll wait for you right here, okay? I won't go anywhere."

"What are you going to do while I'm up there?"

"Watch you from here."

"You can't see me from here!"

"Seungyeon, just go."