aftermath

I awoke to the sound of my front door shutting. I look around my bed knowing I've slept alone. I search for my phone. A big crack etched down the middle of it. That must've happened yesterday. I check the time. 7:36am. I step over all of the clothes that littered my floor. There was broken glass everywhere. I crept into my kitchen to look for Jose. He was examining the mess I made last night. He heard my footsteps so he turned to me. "Why are you so crazy?" He breathed out. I just stood there studying his appearance. His shirt looked wrinkled and there was small blood spots on his back. His lips were a dark shade of pinkish. He looked rested. But he didn't sleep here. "Where'd you go?" Was all I could let out. I wasn't angry anymore, just curious. "To take care of business." He said checking his phone.
"Mhm." I felt like he was lying to me. "Well I'm going to my mom's." I said turning my back to him. This caught his attention. "Why?" He said walking behind me. "Because I can't do this anymore." My voice cracked. I was tired of feeling lonely in our bed. Tired of feeling empty with him. "Do what?" He scoffed. "This! Us." I said grabbing one of my tote bags from the closet. "The fuck?" He reached out to touch me but I stepped back. "Please Jose just leave me alone. I can't fight you anymore, I'm so tired." I cried out. His face softened and he walked over to me and hugged me into his chest. "It's gonna be okay baby. You know I got ya back. I'm not going nowhere." He cooed in my ear as he stroked my messy bed hair. My nose was nestled into the crook of his neck as he held me. "I don't like when we fight." He said softly. He smelled like cheap perfume and there were scratches on his neck. "Yes you do."