Is this it? (1)

"Where are we?" Sierra asked me as she put her hand on my shoulder to make sure I was still there.

"I don't know," I responded as I whacked the flashlight with my hand in a lame attempt to make it brighter.

"Shit," Alex whispered from behind us, "I don't remember which way we came from."

"It's okay," I said as I took a deep breath, "Just stay calm."

"Lana!" Sierra yelled, "How the hell are we supposed to be calm when we have no idea where we are?"

"I think we came from that way," said Zach in an attempt to calm our nerves.

"It would be great if I could only see which way you are talking about!" Sierra yelled, "Give me the god damn flashlight!"

"Okay," I peeped and reluctantly gave her the flashlight.

Sierra took the flashlight and flicked it on and off while whacking it with her other hand. A few seconds later she attempted to turn it back on, but no light appeared.

"Holy shit," Sierra whispered, "It won't turn on."

"Give me it," Zach grabbed it from her in the darkness.

We all tried to turn it back on, but we had no luck. It took me a while to realize it, but we were now stuck in the middle of the city in complete darkness.

As I began to look around, I felt shivers down my spine. I couldn't even make out my friends next to me, but instead had to feel around in the darkness to find them. I looked up at the sky, but there was not a single star in the sky. Everything was black, without an ounce of light.

"Do you think this is it?" Sierra asked in a timid voice.

"What?" I asked putting a hand out only to be met with her shaking shoulder.

"The end of the world."

We all fell silent because no one knew how to respond. We didn't know what was going on, but we knew that it had to be bad.