Steph's Fortnightly Adventure: The Artist

It's been some time since that night with Remy; two weeks and a few hours, to be exact. I do reminisce now and again. I just try not to reminisce to the point of wanting more than just a proper fuck, though. I can't want more than that. He is who he is, after all. Anyway, it's been two weeks so you know I should have gotten laid last night...

The Artist

Everything began on Friday night...

It was a normal day at the dreadful sweatshop where I worked, S&J Insurance & Consulting. I spoke to clients, listened to their inquiries, gave assistance or helped clients to get the best insurance deal possible. After a loooong day, I was extremely tired and began to get ready to leave.

"Whoa! Don't leave just yet. Could you stay to deal with one more client?" asked my supervisor.

I knew I couldn't refuse so I had no idea why he even asked. "Sure, let me just wake myself up a little bit." I replied.

"Okay. I'll let them in 5 minutes from now. Please be decent by then."

I stretched, fixed my work attire and was ready to quickly deal with this client so I could go home. 5 minutes had passed, my supervisor opened the door and in came Desmond Fray. He seemed to have thing for me. He'd request me personally. Though, I didn't really mind; he was a well-groomed man, wasn't half bad-looking and was apart of the upper echelon of New York. Wasting no time, he greeted me. "Ms.Stephanie James, I hope I'm not holding you back," he said.

"Not at all Mr.Fray," I said as sincere as possible, though I felt my eye lids getting heavy, "I will always stay to welcome such a faithful client. So what seems to be the problem? Do you need a review of your insurance package or some more consulting?"

"Actually, I'm not here on business."

"Really? So, what caused you to venture here at this time of day?"

"I wanted to make sure I was the last person you saw before leaving."

A bit weirded-out, I said, "This sounds a bit weird, Mr.Fray. I know you're a client that prefers working with me but we have strictly a professional relationship."

"I know but I have a question to ask. Would you accompany me to the L'art est la passion Gala tomorrow night?"

"The L'art est la passion (Art is passion) gala? The prestigious gala kept every 3 years? I'm flattered. Though, I'm sure you could've asked any other woman you know. So, before making my decision, answer me this: Why me?"

"As you said, we have a strictly professional relationship and I have had you sorting out my business, which seems to be a lot, for a while so think of this like a 'thank you'."

In all honesty, I couldn't refuse, I really wanted to go but I didn't want to look that easy. I had always wanted to be cultured. I had always dreamt of knocking boots with the classier side of New York. Is that why I'd course bars on the upper side of town? Is it that I wanted to see how the other half lives, even if I'd only be there for a few minutes/hours to get pleased?

Anyway, back to reality. After seeming like I was pondering whether to go or not, I went back to conversing. "A thank you? In that case, I'd love to accompany you."

"Great. Would you mind writing down your address?"

"Here you go"

"I'll pick you up at 8:30 tomorrow night. I'll see myself out. Goodnight, Ms.James." He left before I could say another word.