Chapter 6

(Lucy's POV)

After that night I was terrified to stay alone in public but slowly I dealed with it and got over it. Today I decided to invite Natsu over I dialed his number and waited....one beep.....two beeps.....and he finally picks up "Hello- who is this" Natsu said in a sleepy voice "I'm sorry to wake you at 1:26 PM...." "Nah I was up a long time ago" he tried to sound awake I laughed at his attempt "anyways would you like to come over?" I hesitated a bit 'it's normal to invite your guy friends over right?' "Mh sure.." Natsu said confused "is there something wrong?" He asked "no no it's just a friendly invitation" "okay I'll see you in 10" he hung up '10 minutes?' I looked around my tidy apartment and decided to prepare a snack "what would he like to eat?" I took out a small frying pan "well since he just woke up pancakes would be good" I nodded to myself and mixed the batter and flipped half a dozen of golden pancakes 'they look so good' I admired my work as I took out the whipped cream and strawberries and a bottle of maple syrup, I hear my door swing open 'huh?' I turn around and see Natsu and Happy coming in "how did you get in?" I stared at them "it was open" "huh? But I remember that I locked it last night.....and how did you know where I live, I never told you my address" I shaked "uh i asked Erza" he raised his eyebrow "Yo calm down, no one will harm you" he put his hands on my shoulders "y-yea-h" I sat down on the nearest stool "did you eat breakfast yet?" I tried to change the subject "nope" "great because I made pancakes" I smiled "oh so that was the sweet smell" he sits down at the breakfast table and I set down three pancakes in front of him "whipped cream or maple syrup?" I asked "Both" he answered as I scooped a fair amount of both toppings on his plate and he gobbled it up fast "you might wanna slow down or you're going to choke-" I said concerned as I slowly ate my one pancake "Do you have any more?" He said with a face stuffed with pancakes and cream "yeah" I get him the two pancakes left "ahhh this was the best pancakes I had in a while" he wiped his face with the back of his hand "glad you liked it and I wanted to say thanks for um saving me back in the club" I ate my strawberries I'm silence "No problem" he smiled charmingly "yeah" I smiled tilting my head 'although Natsu always acts cool, he really does have a nice side....I hope he would show it more often' I put my hand on my chin as I watched Nikola and Happy play with each other "Isn't strange that a dog and a cat get along so well" I asked no one in particular "a true friend doesn't care about what you are, they care about who you are no matter how odd your friendship may be" Natsu said and I looked at him with wide eyes "wow that was poetic Natsu..." "I thought that too when I read it off a poster in the coffee shop down the street" He replied seriously 'I should have expected that from him' I laughed at myself stupidly "what's so funny?" Natsu said "No offense but you wouldn't normally say something so smart like that" I said as I stopped laughing "well, that's why I have a soccer scholarship not an academic one..." He replied slightly annoyed as he grumbled "I didn't mean to insult you though" I instantly regretted saying that he was dumb "Nah everyone says that I'm a bit slow" he laughed it off as I stood up and cleared the table and did the dishes 'since a lot of people are doing sports, I should try out for something..' I turned my head towards Natsu's direction who was looking out the window 'maybe cheerleading' he turned his head around and caught my eye before I turn my head the other way "Hey Lucy" I turned my head again "yeah?" "Thanks for the meal, I'll be on my way now" "mhmm" he tipped his 'Dragneel' hat and left with Happy following behind "jeez" I closed the door before Nikola could follow Happy.

That night
(3rd person POV)

Jellal and Ultear were coming back from a party, Jellal was driving the drunk Ultear back to her house "Why Did You Drink So Much Ultear" Jellal said in his British accent as he sighted "just shut your British mouth and drive properly" Ultear drunkly said "Goodness" Jellal muttered under his breath "can't you go faster?" Ultear complained "No" "then let me drive" Ultear snatched the wheel from Jellal "Leave The Wheel! Or We Might Crash" Jellal shouted "you don't know how to drive just let me do it" They fought over the steering wheel, Jellal took his eyes and hands off the steering wheel and road as he attempted to push Ultear away.

Meanwhile, The scarlet haired student was texting on her phone as she took a walk along the night streets of the city, there weren't many people outside since it was after midnight 'Dammit I forgot my last line from the skit' Erza looked up from her phone trying to remember her lines "it's no use" she frowned 'I'll just read the skit again before bed' she went back to texting as she started crossing the road "Erza" Simon waved as he ran towards her but Erza didn't hear him "Erza!" Simon repeated louder this time "huh?" Erza lifted her head "WATCH OUT ERZA!" Simon screamed as Erza turned around to face the incoming car and she just stood there like a deer in headlights. A few moments later Erza opened her eyes surprised as she felt a hand over her "Simon?" She jolted up "Simon?.... You didn't....." Tears started to form as she saw her friend bruised up and bleeding "Dammit, why did you save me" she helplessly tried to shake him "e-erz-a" a soft whisper came from him "I'v-e a-lwa-" "Don't speak" Simon took Erza's hand for a moment before it dropped limp "no...." Erza's eyes widened in fear "NOOOOO" she couldn't hold back the tears anymore as she turned her head toward the car that killed Simon '...' Her mind went blank as she saw the frightened face of Jellal in the front seat Erza quickly looked away pretending not to see him. At that time Jellal couldn't do anything but stare with wide eyes while his heart raced 'what have I done' he looked down on his hands 'I killed a man?...' Jellal backed away slowly and drove away that was the only thing he could've done at that time, he quickly arrived home and ran to his apartment 'what have I done?' He grabbed his head as he sweated from fear 'I'm a killer, a murderer' his head screamed while Jellal tried to stay calm, he knocked down a few things "I-I D-ont deserve to liv-e anymore" he gulped then tripped over the broken items and hit head on the glass coffee table making it shatter and he passed out with a wounded head and a fearful heart.

I'm sorry not sorry