Chapter 5 - Something Is Off

After that Lumin was walking the halls with Besho, he felt like something was up. "Hey Besho, is it just me or is something off?" he asked, twiddling with his whiskers. Besho looked at him, 

"No, why?"

"I can't shake this feeling..."

"It's probably nothing!" Besho walked to his dorm reassuring him then waved goodbye. Even with Besho's reassurance Lumin couldn't help but feel unsafe. Something was strange about that Zero mouse earlier. Why would she be called Satan is she really was that nice? Why was she being carried that whole way in gym class? She looked like the athletic type that could easily pass 40 laps if she really pushed herself. That's what Lumin thought anyways. He had heard her laugh before and it sounded.... Off... Like something was wrong.. "Maybe there's something behind the scenes happening at the school." he muttered to himself, continuing to walk slowly down the hall with his head strung down. The halls seemed to get darker the more he walked, though it was late usually the lights weren't off this early, in fact they were still on but so.... Dim... Like they lost their brightness. Maybe the lights down the hall were neglected but Lumin couldn't recall them being that dimly lit. He felt weird - Like someone was watching him...

He heard a slight laughter coming from a staff room, he looked over but he couldn't see anything fishy going on. He grasped onto his backpack as he stared for longer, his back turned to the dark hallway. He was just about to walk up until he saw Zero walking out while happily laughing, and the secretary waving at her. He looked back and continued walking before she caught him.