06. You and Me

[ Long Chapter. More Comments Pleaaasse? ]

[ important to note: side characters are also important characters in this story, it isn't only MaNan based although they do play the main characters. so please get comfortable with them as well :) ]

 so please get comfortable with them as well :) ]

Nandini

The next morning, I woke up feeling slightly different. The last tingles of pain and weakness in me until last night had also vanished, and I woke up feeling healed, like the accident never happened.

It's going to be impossible to say that it never happened, because it's permanently scarred me, not only from the bruises of the wounds and the cuts of the surgeries plastered, but because of all that I had lost, and had left scars on my heart that I couldn't erase. Ever.

I got up on my hospital bed, and looked around, suddenly stunned to see Manik sleeping on the visitor's bed beside mine. In all these days, I was so used to waking up without anyone, that it came as a quick shock.

I got out of the hospital bed, proceeding towards the bathroom and completing my morning necessities, including packing up all my stuff and taking a shower to change into casuals.

I was going home today.

I got out, looking at myself in the long length mirror adjacent to the bathroom. I wore my black jumper and an oversized knitted brown sweater cardigan. My right ankle was still bandaged as was my left wrist.

"Hey," I heard Manik as I stumbled backwards. I hard forgotten he was sleeping out. He was changed, freshened up as I gave him a smile, "Good Morning."

"You stayed back?" I asked, sitting back on the bed.

"Yeah, did your Dad a favour. He was gonna be here but his daughter-- uh sorry," he was flushed. I nodded for him to go ahead, "The little girl wasn't well, I don't know her name. So he rushed back and I ended up staying."

"Oh," I said plainly, then pulling on a smile, "Sorry for the trouble. And thank you."

Dr. Stella entered the room. "Looks like someone's all ready to go home," she smiled.

"I'll miss you," I smile back.

"Aw seeetheart," she ruffles my hair, "I'd miss you too. It was good having someone around, not that I mean I want to see you on a hospital bed anytime soon again." She laughed and I giggled as well.

"Your Dad's completed all the forms that were needed, and he says he's waiting for you at home," Manik chirps from behind.

I nod, smiling. "Cabir and Aliya are planning to throw you a Welcome Home party," he tells me when we walk out of my hospital room thirty minutes later, after the final packing ups.