The City of Leore

*Edward's POV*

I was actually really happy that she accepted our invitation. It's nice to have someone to hang out with that's my age. I turned my head a little bit and stared at her. She looked pretty cute in the State Alchemist uniform. "Brother wa-" Alphonse began, but it was too late.

I fell forward and landed on my face in front of all the people in the train station. I lifted my head and looked to see if (Y/N) saw. She obviously saw but not only that she looked like she was trying not to laugh. I felt my cheeks heat up. "Are you alright, Ed?" Al asked. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said as I pushed myself up. I didn't even dare look at (Y/N). I rubbed my nose with my left hand and shook the pain away.

"Are you sure you alright?" (Y/N) asked. I blushed a little and nodded. "It happens all the time." I told her. She smiled and patted my head. "Glad to see that you're okay, shortie." She said. "Who are you calling shortie?!" I exclaimed angrily. She giggled and I felt my face boil. She was too cute.

"Guys! The train is leaving!" Al exclaimed as he pointed to our ride. "Hurry!" I yelled to both of them as I began to run. They ran faster and faster while I stayed behind just a little bit to make sure they would make it on the train safely. They quickly jumped on and I was running out of time.

"Edward!" (Y/N) called out to me as she reached out her hand. I looked over and saw that the wall was coming closer and closer. I took a deep breath, jumped up and took her hand. I landed on top of her and I quickly got up. "Th-thanks." I said. Everyone looked our way and I quickly walked to an empty seating area. We sat in silence for a while until I finally fell asleep.

*(Y/N)'s POV*

I couldn't stop blushing after the incident. He was too close to my face. I covered my face after we sat down in our seats. Alphonse looked at the both of us and chuckled. "What are you laughing about?" I asked him. "Nothing." He said as he tried not to laugh. I grew annoyed at the fact that he wouldn't tell me, but I ignored it.

"How far is the city?" I asked Alphonse. "A couple of hours." He responded. I sighed and I began to yawn. I was exhausted from the other train ride that I rode to get to Central.

"Hey Alphonse?" I asked. "Please, call me Al." He said. I smiled a little bit and continued to ask my question. "How come you wear that suit of armor?" I asked. He straightened up and stiffened. "U-um...I uh... I just felt like wearing a suit of armor. I-I thought that it would be really cool!" He said nervously. "Oh..." I said quietly. 'I feel like he's lying to me...but why?' I wondered. My eyes shot open. 'They wouldn't have, right?' I wondered. "Are you okay, (Y/N)?" Al asked. I looked up and nodded. "Yeah I was just thinking of something." I said. Al nodded. I looked outside the window of the train and saw blades of grass fly past us.

'I will save you Dad. I promise.' I said in my head as I began to dose off. A couple of seconds later I fell asleep.

*Time Skip*

"We're here." Al said. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. "Get enough sleep?" Edward asked me as he yawned. I rubbed my eyes and nodded. "I think so." I said. I looked at him and saw that his jacket was gone. I looked around and saw that it was on me. I blushed a little bit and looked up at Edward. "You looked a little cold." He said as he scratched the back of his neck. "Oh...uh...thanks Edward." I said as I sat up and grabbed his jacket. I handed it to him and he put it on. We then exited the train and stood in front of a dessert city.

"So this is Leore?" I asked. "Yep." Edward said. 'Looks like I'm going to have trouble find the stone.' I thought as we entered the city.