The Secret of Souls

The Creator

"We are in a place I call, the Anti-Void." Error says, with a blank expression. The sudden movement from earlier, taking a toll on his energy levels. I was expecting to at least remember where we are after I have heard the name of the place. But...I have no idea.

"The...Anti-Void?" I repeat to myself. Makes sense. The Void being a black pit of emptiness and this place, a vibrant white. Shouldn't this at least jog some memories? "How do you know this place?" I ask, after giving him a few moments of silence. He looks deep in thought, or he is completely zoned out.

"I've been here before." He says dropping the question. I nod, a little bit irritated with his indirect answer. "And so you know who has been stringing up souls like this?" I question. I'm sure whoever lives here would just love to meet me, and maybe even learn a lesson on how not to enslave people. How could they even get all these souls anyway...?

Error.

"Did you give someone these human souls?" I ask, a look of scorn hidden beneath my curious mask. He could have been doing this the whole time. Get the human's soul, destroy the AU, and then probably sell it to this mystery person who resides in the Anti-Void. Sounds like the deeds of a Destroyer. But if he did sell them to someone, then why did he go to such an extent to protect them?

"Something like that." He says in a tense vagueness. I don't support his antics, but I am happy about the fact he didn't just destroy them. Maybe when I get back to the Doodle-Sphere I can come back and save them. Try to make them a new AU to live in.

"When do you think you'll be well enough to get out of here?" I ask, sitting cross legged next to his side. He rolls his head towards me. "When do you think you'll be okay to leave?" He throws back at me.

It takes everything in my power not to roll my eyes. "I'm fine, Error. We need to get you to a healer." My words brings him a look of surprise. And glitchy words follow the reaction, "You probably need the healer more than I do. I didn't even know we could get sick like that."

Neither did I.

"Just answer my question, Error." I say, forcing my signature smile on my face, not worried if the anger seeps through. How could he be more concerned about me, when he is in critical condition. He sure doesn't show concern whenever he decided to pulverize AU after AU.

He must have noticed my irritation, and probably understands where it's coming from. And with that information, he becomes more defensive. "Maybe in a few hours." He says tiredly. I know how important it is to stay stable, since getting him out of here is my best bet to saving these souls. But I don't think I can last much longer without the vials, which I had run out of before going to the new AU.

I can feel my magic ebbing away as each second passes.