part three

We all stood our distance at the Wheeler house. Tension was high in the room as people were processing what happened. I stood the corner of the room. Chief Hopper was yelling on the phone before he hung up.

"They didn't believe you, did they." Dustin spoke.

"We'll see." Hopper said in his grim voice. All I could do was shake my head at his dismissive tone.

"We'll see? We can't just sit there while those things are on the loose!" Mike yelled.

"We stay here and we wait for help." Hopper said before walking off.

I sighed talking off my wind breaker, revealing my black ribbed tank top. I pulled my long curly hair into a tight messy bun using my scrunchy. I walked behind Mike ruffling his hair.

"Hey, stay calm kiddo. I know right now things are rough but trust me, it'll work out in our favor in the end. Believe it." I offered a hopeful smile, holding out my pinky. I could tell that he was uncomfortable with just sitting there waiting but this moment gave him some comfort. He nodded slowly before locking our pinkies. I stood up walking back over to Steve.

"You're really good with kids." He smiled. I smirked shrugging my shoulders.

"Huh? I hadn't noticed, I usually hate kids but they," I pointed to the five, "just pull at my heartstrings."

"I guess you could say you're the mom and I'm the dad." He whispered as it was silent.

"Pshh if anything you're the mom and I'm the dad, you're way too soft on em." I chuckled leaving him with offended face.

Suddenly Mike stood walking away. "Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins av?"

"really?"

"Yeah! He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment! Mr.Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome right." He lighten the mood walking back to the table. Dustin and Lucas said yeah Mike put the box on the table. "We can't let him die in vain."

"Well what do you want us to do Mike? The chiefs right on this. We can't stop those demo-dogs on our own." Dustin said

"Demo-dogs?" Max asked.

"Demogorgon dogs. Demo-dogs. Its like a play on words. A compound."

"Okay!" Max cut him off. Steve looked away hopeless.

"I mean when it was just dart maybe..." He continued.

"Buts there's a whole army now." I chipped in.

"Precisely."

"His army." Mike said.

"What do you mean?" Steve looked up.

"His army! Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army too." Mike said. We all looked at each other in slight confusion.

We followed after Mike trying to see what he was up to. He was collecting Will's drawings. Mike, Dustin, and Max started following theories.

"Woah! Slow down slow down!" Steve said for the both of us.

"Okay so the shadow monster is inside of everything. And if the vines feel something like pain, then so does Will." He explained in simple terms.

"And so does dart." Lucas added.

"Its like what Mr. Clarke taught us. The hive mind."

"Hive mind?" I asked.

"A collective consciousness. A super organism." Dustin answers.

"And this is the thing that controls everything, the brain." Mike points at the drawing of the Shadow monster at the field.