Akele Hum Akele Tum...

The gang had just polished off their scrumptious meal of Kopsuey Noodles, which everyone had tried to grab credit for! They were now lounging lazily in the living room. Sameer had temporarily given up on his attempts to hold Naina's hand realising that any ideas of romance should be put on hold while surrounded by all these pyar ke dushman. Preeti suggested that they should start watching the movie now, but Naina being her Taiji's niece mandated that before indulging in anything fun, everyone should first help with all the cleaning starting with the kitchen. The troops reluctantly marched to the kitchen under her supervision. Kamya grumbled reminding her that she was not the discipline monitor anymore and Pandit nodded in agreement earning himself a look of disapproval from Sameer.

Naina and Sameer started cleaning the vessels with the new couple Swati and Munna on dish drying duty. The remaining trio pretty much stood around smirking at the lovelorn looks being exchanged by the lovers. Sameer thought that something needed to be done before this opportunity for some kitchen romance also went down the drain! Munna had indicated to him a little while back that he was considering asking Swati out for a bike ride later this afternoon. And though Sameer was happy for his friend from the bottom of his heart, it had left him questioning the pace of his love story and his abilities or rather the lack of them. Just yesterday Naina had said they were the seniors in this department after being a couple for about 2 years now. But in just one day Munna had managed to pacify Swati, confess his love to her and have her eating out of his plate. And now it seemed a bike ride was on the cards too! At this rate, it seemed he would be the one soon looking to Munna for some advice. No! He had to rectify this situation at the earliest possible!

Sameer turned to the others and suggested that rather than all of them just concentrating on one task, it might be a better idea for them to split and conquer the mess in different rooms simultaneously. Seeing that Munna and Swati seemed incapable of focussing on any constructive help today, he suggested that they continue with the previous activity of enjoying the photo album, which they happily accepted and retreated to Naina's room. If anyone saw through his ruse, they were kind enough to let it slide.

The members of the singles club set about restoring the Living room to a presentable state. Preeti and Kamya were having a lot of fun giggling away while teaching Pandit the right way to sweep the floors and explaining the right way of placing cushions on the sofa. Pandit was being his usual dorky self but was thoroughly enjoying the attention being lavished by the two girls. Kamya had always been able to turn a lot of heads including his whenever she sauntered into a room in her miniskirts, but lately he had started noticing how Preeti could light up any room with her smile and infectious happy-go-lucky attitude.

Now that Sameer had Naina to himself, he was feeling pleased that finally things seemed to be going his way. Before he could say anything, Naina happily exclaimed "Dekha, maine kaha tha na kal ke hum sab thik kar denge Munna-Swati ke beech. Sirf Swati ki narazgi hi dur nahi hui, balki innki gaadi toh ekdum patri pe aa gayi hai!". Sameer nodded murmuring "aur bohoot speed bhi pakad rahi hai..." Naina continued smiling "Aakhir hum seniors hai... kamaal toh dikhana hi tha." Sameer quickly added "Haa aur issiliye aab hume kuch aage bhi badhna chahiye!" Naina sounding confused "Aage badhna chahiye?... tumhe kahi jana hai kya? Sameer, tum aaj kahi nahi jaoge! Itni mushkil se toh ye mauka mila hai... ek pura din... bina gharwalo ke. Aur tumhe kahi jaana hai?" Sameer shaking his head and fumbling a little with his words "Aare nahi toh... main kahi kyu jaunga... mera matlab tha ke hume mauke ka fayda uthna chahiye... ha! Mera matlab tha ke hum bohoot saari baate karenge" Naina smiled contentedly hearing this. Sameer silently prayed that whoever said "Slow and Steady Wins the Race" knew what he was talking about.