{the invite}

"i received an invite to steve's wedding in the mail four months ago..i'm leaving for my flight in a little bit. i've been doing great here and i haven't really talked to the boys as much as i've wanted to. steve and i talked a lot, then less and less, until it was almost not at all."-emily 

*four years later* 

emily was now twenty years old, and she was getting ready at her hotel for steve's wedding

emily was now twenty years old, and she was getting ready at her hotel for steve's wedding. she had never been to a wedding before, but she knew this was going to be the hardest one she would ever sit through. she left her hair natural, and did it in a half up half down like she used to.  she wore no make up, juts like she used to. something about her made her want to dress like the girl steve fell in love with four years ago. she wanted him to be reminded of her, she knew it was selfish of her, but she couldn't help it. 

emily arrived at the wedding, and slowly walked into the wedding venue, where she found an empty table with seven chairs, but their were all empty. she read the place cards, to realize they were for her and complete and total strangers, not the gang like she had expected. the last time she had seen the gang was about two years ago, but she had seen two bit about three months ago at a show in iowa. 

emily felt so out of place and uncomfortable. she realized tulsa and everyone else moved on without her, and she didn't, she knew that would happen, that everyone would move on, but she didn't want to believe it. she slowly sat down in her seat, and waited for the wedding to begin. 

the girl steve was marrying was beautiful, she looked nothing like emily. she was infact the complete opposite of emily. emily hated her guts, but hid it well. it's not that the girl was a bad person, she didn't even know her, but she hated her. soda was steve's best man, and the other boys were his groomsmen. steve looked great, but different. he didn't seem the same to emily. 

as the wedding drug on painfully slow, and emily talked to people who recognized her, she started to not be able to take it anymore. as they were doing speeches, emily got up catching steve's attention, along with everyone else's and left the room. emily went out to the main lobby of the venue and took a deep breath. she went to the ladies room and splashed her face with some water and looked at her self in the mirror. "what are you doing emily? this is steve's big day, and here you are, ditching it, you need to be in there!" she whispered yelled to herself. she dried her hands off, and then patted down her yellow, off the shoulder, dress, and walked back out into the lobby. 

when she walked out, she saw seven familiar faces. they boys were all standing and talking in their tuxes, and they all looked up when they saw emily. "hey!" they all said excitedly and hugged her each tightly. whenever she used to hug them before, it felt right, but this time it didn't. it was awkward, it wasn't the same like she had hoped for. "where'd you go?" steve asked her eagerly. the other guys gave her looks of sympathy, probably assuming that she was having a hard time. sure she had seen other guys in tennessee, but nothing serious, and nothing longer than two weeks. "oh you know, the restroom." emily said awkwardly looking back at the bathroom door she had come out of.  "well it's so nice to see you again you look great!" steve said kissing her cheek, and she accidentally turned, and they kissed on the lips. "whoop! oh my god!" emily screamed backing up with wide eyes. "i'm so sorry i didn't mean to do that!" emily said nervously as she reached up to wipe steve's lips off, as if that would do anything. "emily." steve laughed at her. "yes?" she looked up at him seriously as hr grabbed her wrist to stop her. "you're fine." he laughed. "oh..okay." she nervously giggled. 

the rest of the night went by too slow. emily ended up drinking a lot, but she just couldn't get drunk enough for the pain of seeing steve being loved up with someone else to go away. after the night was over she went back to tennessee to continue on as she had been before the wedding.