viii

Yuna was scrolling through her phone aimlessly to ease her boredom.

Yeji walked in the room. "Whatcha looking at?"

"Just some dating news." Yuna answered.

"I heard about that I hope they're happy."

Yuna thoughts drifted. "What did Lia think about it?"

"I'm not sure. I haven't seen her this past couple of weeks. She said that she was busy."

Yuna put her phone down. "Busy with what, did she say?"

"I didn't bother to ask but thinking about it, she hasn't spent that much time with us huh?"

"I'm going to call her," Yuna said, as she put her phone to her ear.

Both girls waiting in silence awaiting a response. Yeji could hear the ringing due to how quiet it was. The girls were just about to give up until the next set of ringing was interrupted with what sounded like she picked up.

"Hello? Lia unnie?" Yuna asked.

"Hey, Yuna what's up?" Lia responded.

Yuna didn't expect for her to answer. "Nothing it's just-"

Before she could finish her breath, Yuna stopped because she heard some laughter in the background. For moment she dismissed it but her mind began thinking more about it. It sounded familiar, like she had heard this laugh somewhere else. It was bugging her mind that she had heard that laugh before but she decided to respond after Lia was asking if she was still there.

"Y-yeah I'm still here. I just wanted to check up on you," Yuna answered, still conflicted about what she just heard.

"I'm fine just a little busy that's all. Sorry I've been mia. We'll hang out soon, promise!"

"O-okay I'll catch you later then unnie."

Lia made a kiss sound. "Laters."

The beeps signaling the call ended. Yeji looked at Yuna. Yeji was flailing her arms.

"So... what happened?"

Yuna sat back on couch. "Same as you said, she's been busy."

"With what?"

Yuna facepalmed. "Sorry, I got distracted by a laugh I heard in the back I forgot to ask."

"So she's with someone?" Yeji thought.

"I guess so, but I feel like I've heard that laugh before," Yuna contemplated.

"I feel like that's highly unlikely, unless you're familiar with Lia's friends," Yeji pointed out.

"I don't know any of her friends."

"Maybe it's someone mutual. Here, open up your insta, and go to the mutual section."

Yuna pulled up her phone and went to the app. She clicked on Lia's profile and... she found no one.

"Here lemme look in my— oh my." Yeji brought her hand to her mouth shocked.

"What happened?"

"Take a look for yourself." Yeji showed Yuna her phone.

" Yeji showed Yuna her phone