Chapter 1: This New World - Part 1

Shuichi's POV

It was Shuichi's first day at Hope's Peak Academy, a school where students with amazing Ultimate talents attend, H was picked to attend this school because of his Ultimate Talent. he was extremely nervous, but he tried his best to keep his anxiety down, he didn't want anyone to see how nervous he really was. He'd hope to make a few new friends here or at least one new friend before the end of the year.

As he was heading into the building he noticed it was much larger on the inside than it was on the outside of the building. He took out his roster and began looking for his first class,"Hm, let's see now. I guess I have to go to the Ultimate Ornithologist room first, so where is that.." He said as he guided his finger on the paper to look for the room number, that's when he heard a sudden voice.

"Oh, you have Ms. Fukui's class first too?"

Shuichi was startled a bit and jumped back but then he turned to see a girl with blonde hair standing right beside him, "I was heading on my way there, if you don't know where to go, I could walk with you." She said to him with a gentle and kind smile on her face. Hm, how nice of her to offer me help, maybe I can get to know her more and become friends with her, he thought to himself.

"Um, yeah sure, my name is Shuichi by the way."

"Kaede, It's nice to meet you Shuichi." she said with a friendly smile.

"It's nice to meet you too."

"So it's your first year here I'm guessing, right?" She stopped to look at him before he answered her question with a nod. She continued walking and Shuichi followed behind her, "Is it your first day here too? You seem to know your way around." He asked her.

"Yeah it's my first day here, it's just that I remembered what the building was like from orientation." They kept walking through the hall until they'd reached the classroom door, "Well we're here, you ready Shuichi?" Shuichi nodded but was hesitant to step through.

Kaede notice his hesitation and tapped his shoulder, "Shuichi you coming in? Or is there something wrong?" She had a look of concern. "It's my first day here.. What if something goes wrong.. What if I do something embarrassing and everyone talks about it until graduation."

She looked at him and giggled a little before grabbing his hand, "I'm actually scared too you know. The first day can always be crucial, but we've got each other right? So there's no reason for us both to be scared." she tightened her grip on his hand and looked at him with determined eyes.

"This first day will be good for us, so don't start doubting yet Shuichi." Shuichi nodded his head giving a small smile. She smiled back at him and they both headed into the classroom.

There were at least seven students in the classroom and It didn't seem to be that many students in total, in fact there were just barely any students in here. There were three girls that were having a conversation with each other, though one seemed to be uninterested about whatever they were talking about, the rest were just sitting by themselves waiting for class to start.

"Is this all of the class?" Shuichi asked. "No, I believe there will be more coming." A girl with a maid outfit stood up before him, "Hello, my name is Kirumi Tojo, you asked if this was all of the class correct? Well, I believe there will be more coming as there are sixteen desks in total."

"Oh, I see, so the other students are running a little late." She nodded and went back to her seat. Shuichi went to go take a seat at a desk and Kaede sat in the desk right next to him. Shuichi sat there staring at the blackboard that was facing in front of him, "So, what's your Ultimate talent?" Kaede asked him. He looked at her, then down at his hands, "I'm the Ultimate Detective."