The Playground

The bell rang, causing the whole class to breathe a sigh relief. Finally, time to go home.

Newt pushed his chair back, starting to neatly put his books away in his bag. "NEWTIE" Minho yelled loudly from behind him, causing the smaller boy to squeal and drop his books. Laughing, Minho knelt down to scoop up the books, "sorry shuck face, I just couldn't help myself." Newt mumbled something unintelligent and grabbed the books from his friend. He tried his best, but being angry at this idiot was beneath him. "Whatever, c'mon.. race ya to the climbing frame!" he smiled, zipping up his bag, swinging it over his shoulder and bolting off out the door. Minho couldn't help but laugh again as he watched Newt run, apologising each time he hit into another classmate - which was very often. He grabbed his own bag, jogging lazily after him.

"You know for someone who plays with that shuck ball all day you're pretty slow," Newt said innocently, sitting at the top of the ladder with his legs dangling off. Minho half smiled, looking up at the boy from the bottom of the ladder, "you know for someone with a shuck brain like yours, you're pretty dumb."

"Wha-?" Newt began but was quickly cut off as Minho shook his head.

"Nothing. So what should we do Newtie?"

"Well, we could play tig." he suggested, an excited smile on his face. "Tig?" Minho repeated, like he'd never heard the word before in his life. "Yeah..you know, tig you're it, tig I'm it.." Newt explained.

"Nope. Still not a shuck clue what you're talking about." Minho said. Newt licked at his lips as he let out a frustrated sigh. "I'll demonstrate," he said as he climbed down the ladder. He hit Minho's arm, yelled "tig!" and took off running.

It took Minho a few seconds before he understood what was going on. He then grinned, tightening his bag straps as he sprinted after Newt.

The boy wasn't very fast, and Minho knew that, so he deliberately ran slower. Infact it was so slow it almost pained him.

After yelling and whooping and screaming like hooligans Minho had trapped Newt in a small crawl-through tunnel. Except there was only one way in and one way out. "Oh Neeewtie" Minho sung as he knelt down and crawled inside. His voice echoed off of the tunnel walls and he could hear Newt's giggled response.

Minho crawled around a corner, following the high pitch giggles, and there at the end of the tunnel, hugging his knees to make himself as small as possible, was Newt. The older boy had to laugh, crawling over to Newt and gently touching his arm. "Tig" Minho said, smiling softly, "you're it."