Chapter 6: Friends

Vera's P.O.V
David finished his sentence. "I need to make things right, everyone met you in town and took a disliking to you. They never told me anything about you but what I have learnt over the last 4 years is that when they take a disliking to someone, you do too. Believe me, I learnt it the hard way. My best friend Robert and hate this. And we aren't the only ones! There are 4 others that hate it! We dont want to say anything because there are 7 of us and 8 of them! If we had a few other people we could tell them!" I looked at him with a twinkle in my eye. " well I know 2 others that would love to join you and the others! My siblings!" I said.
I met up with Jordan and Michaela and told them about David and everything. "After 3 classes we have recess. We ca stand up to them then!" I said. Michaela and Jordan both said yes!
*Recess*
David and I gathered everyone I the class. I got Michaela and Jordan and David got his friends and the others. He told his friends at lunch so they knew what was going on.
Stacy: What are the new kids doin'  'ere?
Ciara: yeah what's goin' on babe?why did you call us here with the weirdos?
My heart sank. David has a girlfriend. I blink back tears.
David: For the last time Ciara. STOP CALLING ME BABE!
Ciara: k jeez.
Alfie: dude whyja call us here?
Zane: I'm leaving.
David: Don't! Look! Robert, Steve, Conor, Jane, Sienna, Luke, Vera, Jordan, Michaela and I have something to say! We dont want to be apart of this group of yours!
I cant stop being glad that David is single, I hope.
Zane: DUDE WHAT THE HELL!
After a while they leave in anger and David turns around and smiles. We did it.
*later that day*
We ride our bikes out to the pier with David. Michaela and Jordan decide to go home. I turn to David as soon as Jordan and Michaela are out of sight. He hugs me and I ask him something.
"David. Do you still love me?"
David smiles and replies with "Vera, will you like to go on a date?"
I smile back at him and go on my tippy toes to kiss him on the cheek. I missed him so much.