Chapter 11

"Oh, well, um, nice to meet you." I said, doing a weird little half bow. Wow. Smooth. That wasn't awkward at all. They just grinned.

"I'm Sungjin. I'm the leader here, and I work with Chan sometimes. Let's get along", one of them told me. 

"Ah!" I said, clapping my hands awkwardly, like what the heck was I doing?

"I'm Wonpil. I do the tech stuff and weapons, and yeah." Another guy smiled at me. "Nice to meet you." 

This time, I responded like a normal person. 

"Nice to meet you too." Good. That was good. I was flustered because I wasn't expecting them, but now I'd calmed down.

"I'm Dowoon. Nice to meet you." That's it? But I did notice he had an awful lot of knives, so I had a pretty good guess of what he did.

"I'm Young K. I-" Sungjin interrupted.

"Call him Brian. It's easier."

"No, you can call me Young K. I-"

"No one calls him Young K. Brian is easier and less weird. He looks more Brian-y than Young K-y."

"I see." I nodded. "Please continue, Brian."

Brian rolled his eyes at Sungjin.

"Please let at least  person call me Young K! I like my field name!"

"But no one else does. If you're not going to introduce yourself I'll introduce you for you. Y/n, meet Brian. He's the information collector, plus doctor."

"I see." I nodded. 

"Jae? Are you going to introduce yourself, or do I need to do it for you?" Sungjin looked at the last member, who was wearing a cap. I noticed for the first time that he was staring at me, and I think Sungjin noticed it too, because he asked "Jae?"

And that's when I noticed something looked familiar about him. I couldn't place it. Maybe I had met him a while ago? But... then it clicked. 

"It's - it's impossible. It can't be." I took a step backwards. "Caleb?"

"It... it is you, Y/n. I've missed you so much." I saw tears in his eyes, and he stood up, and we embraced each other. When we finally pulled back, he had gotten the tears under control. 

"Y/n, call me Jae now. I've almost gotten used to the name."

"Wait, hang on a second, I'm confused." Brian cut in. "How do you know her? Who's Caleb? What do you mean you're 'getting used to your name?'"

"Um, well, you see, she's my... she's my..."

"I'm his sister." Day6 looked at each other, shocked.

"You had family? You told us that there was no one left!" Dowoon exclaimed.

"Well, it was a secret. And, my real name is... well, I don't really have a real name, but I used to be called Caleb, or Jibeok. But, my life could be in danger from Blackpink, so I kind of hid in plain sight, where they wouldn't think I would be if they knew of my existence. In JYP. And yeah, I changed my name to Jae Park. I haven't seen Y/n since you've known me."