C H A P T E R 6 - Finn

Summer and I agreed to set our date at 6 pm  just to make sure we were both completely free and nothing would ruin our date , that would be an unpleasant event to occur.

I only have two classes on Thursday so it was nothing to worry about and they're already over and forgotten ,

Since it was around 4 pm  the walk to the library is half an hour give or take , add to that me showering and getting ready I think Its a good time to get up .

At 5:25 I was dressed and ready to head out wearing a baby blue shirt that brings out the colour of my hair and eyes , tucked in a simple black jeans paired with white snickers , it was nothing special but I didn't want to go over the top and freak the poor girl out that would be unneeded.

-

I sat in my regular place in the middle of the library waiting for summer , I was five minutes early and my nerves were starting to fry my small brain out ,

And that was the moment summer walked in she was wearing a light yellow sweater with a white skirt , the outfit contrasting with her hair all in all she this magical aura surrounding her , she looked plainly said angelic .

Waving my hand to grab her attention , summer smiled slightly and started walking over to me ,

"Hey" I greeted when summer sat down in front of me "hi" summer greeted back , we sat in silence looking at each others eyes not knowing what to say for awhile ,

"So your favourite ice cream vanilla why" my skills at small talk were coming out and it should help a bit .

" I never really tried other flavours " Came the shocking reply from sunshine in front of me , I don't think we're meant to be anymore . Just kidding , unless. Nah .

"What ? that's impossible"

Summer shook her head and gave me a smile " it's really not , the truth is I never wanted to try something new" that's still shocking .

" No no no you've got it all wrong okay lets make a deal since I don't know much books and you clearly know nothing about ice cream lets switch knowledges" I threw the offer out there ,

"I'm listening" we got her attention that's good .

" You'll recommend me a book , while I buy a new ice cream flavour to try its a win win situation in my opinion"

" that sounds lovely" she liked my idea , insert mental victory dance here please , thank you .

" I guess we have a deal then " I smiled , saying that .

"What's your favourite day of the week?" I asked the silly question hoping to spark a conversation to start ,

" I like Tuesdays because they're the middle of the week but I also like Fridays since I go into my art room and work on painting but Sunday is the day I relax so it's also a favourite while Saturday I finish all of my undone work so I feel good after that , I guess I can't choose a best day what about yours " when summer finished talking her cheeks were flushed a light pink probably from realizing she has been ranting ,

But that's okay I enjoyed every word that came out of her mouth so she doesn't have to be worried.

" I'll have to go with Friday" because it was the day I first saw you , was what Finn wanted to say instead " Because I barely have anything that requires me to wake up early that day"

"Okay since we're in a library I have to ask what's the book you never get tired of ? " I inquired I mean it seemed logical since books were the reason I noticed summer from the start .

" All of the bright places would have to be my pick I liked Theodore and his obsession with finding the great manifesto , to never be forgotten in my opinion , it was an emotial coaster that I'm willing to take again " then summer asked about my favourite ,

" which has to be Eleanor and park "

" may I ask why?"

" of course , I like that it was set in the eighties , their struggle and how much they stood out it all spoke to me on a different level , it felt almost personal so that's why"

Summer seemed stunned "Oh that's nice" she mumbled back .

"Let's play a game of this or that" I suggested,

"I don't know the game" this girl doesn't know a lot of things and I'm determined to show her everything ,

" well it's really easy , I'll tell you two things and you have to choose between this or that get it?" I grinned at her.

"Yes I think"

"Let's start , morning or night , this or that "

"Morning" I stared at her but then answered myself

"I'm more of a night owl , winter or summer"

"Funny enough winter"

I gave out a chuckle at the contrast before agreeing with her

"Drawing or painting ,for me its neither I never have the time"

"I'd have to go with painting " summer smiled through her response .

" final question , this or that bath or shower and why "

Summer tilted her head to the side in an adorable gesture that she was thinking until she finally started talking " Bath , yep definitely and for the why baths are relaxing and therapeutic in a way almost like a meditation activity they get you in the moment and to breath so baths , always whenever I have the chance "

"Here we disagree again" I said with a blank face " I'm more of a practical guy and I don't have much time so a shower is short and convenient which is perfect for the little free period I have , but I guess if I do find time a bath once in a while would be a welcomed treat so I do see your point " I finish with a soft smile lingering on my face .

Summer started getting up from her seat which indicated the end of our meet up "I had fun today , Finn thanks for inviting me but I have to go now , it's getting dark see you "

"I had a nice time as well , be safe and text me when you go home also don't forget about our deal " I wanted to seal the deal with a kiss but maybe that wouldn't be very welcomed so I take what I get and I'm content with it .

Until next time Ms. Summer .