Chapter 2

(Shinkenger: Act 3)

It was training time in the courtyard and everyone except for Chiaki was here. Takeru and Ryuunosuke were sparring with each other, Kotoha was hitting an armor stand, and Mako and I were sparring each other as well.

Then we heard footsteps, making us look over to see a few Kurotos carrying a half-dressed and tired Chiaki towards us. I sighed as I rested my sword on my shoulder while the Kurotos put Chiaki down, making him stand up as another Kuroto fixed his training garb.

Takeru walked over to Chiaki as the Kuroto fixed his garb before Takeru hit Chiaki on the head with his bamboo practice sword.

"Owww!" Chiaki yelped in pain as he held his head before the kurotos fixed his garb and moved out of the way.

"Wake up! Practice has already started!" Takeru said in annoyance as Chiaki rubbed his head where Takeru hit him.

"But... last night Hikoma Jii-san worked me pretty hard." Chiaki complained as he fidgeted with his garb.

"That's to be expected with your attitude..." I muttered as I rolled my eyes, making Mako nod in agreement.

"Don't complain! Your self-awareness as a samurai is lacking!" Ryuunosuke exclaimed as he walked over to Chiaki as Takeru put his free hand on his hip.

"Every day, you have the kuroko wake you up and even help you change your clothes!" Ryuunosuke exclaimed, making Takeru roll his eyes as he walked over to a kuroko, who handed him a rag to him.

"Are you not ashamed?" Ryuunosuke questioned Chiaki, making me sigh due to Ryuunosuke not realizing his contradiction to his statement.

"Ryuunosuke..." Takeru said in annoyance, making Ryuunosuke look at him in confusion.

"You're one to talk." I said, making Ryuunosuke look down to see that he was still in his light-blue pajama bottoms, making him jump in shock.

"You are correct! I always oversleep!" Ryuunosuke exclaimed dramatically as the kurotos grabbed an extra training garb bottom for him.

"It is my life's failure!" Ryuunosuke exclaimed in shame before a kuroto presented the folded garb bottom to him, making him grab it before he pulled his pajama bottoms down, revealing his black underwear and making Kotoha yelp and cover her eyes as Mako and I looked at him in disgust.

"Disgusting." Mako said in annoyance, making Ryuunosuke realize what he did and yelled in shock.

"Remember that there are ladies here too." I said as I looked away from him, making Chiaki laugh at Ryuunosuke as he kept apologizing for his actions. Then I hear Chiaki yelp in pain again, knowing that Takeru hit him again.

"Hey, what's with you always hitting me so much?" Chiaki questioned in annoyance.

"Why don't you start avoiding them? I told you to never let your guard down." Takeru sassed, making me stifle a laugh while I pulled a rag from my garb and wiped my forehead with it.

"I said that's not possible!" Chiaki protested, making Takeru sigh before I heard footsteps coming towards me before I felt a shiver up my spine, making me toss my rag into the air as I held my bamboo sword to the side, making me feel an impact on it.

I looked over and saw that I stopped Takeru's sword, making me smirk as I caught my rag with my free hand before I saw Ryuunosuke still on the ground as he fixed his garb, making me push Takeru's sword towards him, making him duck and roll out of the way of the sword.

"This for real?" Chiaki questioned in shock as Takeru and I lifted our sword up before he turned around to face Chiaki as he rested his sword on his shoulder.