Prologue PT. 2

~16 Years later~

Takeru and I were training in the Shiba Mansion's yard since I've been mostly hanging here since that incident and how Takeru and I became close friends.

We were in our training garb, Takeru was in his all dark blue garb and I had my white top and silver bottom garb. I was striking at the dummy with my bamboo sword while Takeru was striking at the air with his. I was thinking about something, making me stop my practice sword mid-air.

"Takeru." I said as I put down my practice sword and turned around to look at him.

"Hm?" Takeru said as he looked at me and rested his practice sword on his shoulder.

"Are you sure you don't want to have retainers?" I questioned since I remember that he would act differently when that was mentioned, making him think for a moment

"I don't want to endanger anyone else along with not having anyone bear the burden of their life at risk. I was trained for this." Takeru said, before looking at me with a nervous face.

"Well, I enjoy fighting with you." Takeru said before looking away, flustered. I softly smiled at him before I walked over to him and gave him a side hug.

"Remember the promise we made. I'll put my life in your hands as you put yours in mine." I said, making him glance at me and smile softly.

Then we suddenly heard bells ringing, making me and Takeru look over to see the source of the noise, which was a few bells. Then a group of kurotos and Jii come towards me and Takeru with a map.

"Lord! Milady!" Jii called out as two kurotos unrolled the map, revealing a map of the city.

"A group of 54 Nanashi Company has appeared in Ugestu-cho." Jii said, making me and Takeru's eyes widen.

"There hasn't been a sign of Doukoku but we know that their revival is near." Jii added, making me and Takeru look at each other.

"Let's go." Takeru said, making me nod. Then Takeru and I ran out of the Shiba Mansion, towards Ugestu-cho.

We made it to where the Nanashi were detected and saw a group of unusual looking monsters.