chapter one : my special place

jiyeon

Why do we have to leave ?

I was at a loss for words. New York. The one city I found happiness in. The bustling streets and urban lights. Everything about the vibe of this city made me feel relaxed and warm inside. And it will all disappear tonight.

I'm Jiyeon. Kim Jiyeon. I've lived in New York for almost all my life up until yesterday when I found out that I had to leave for Seattle.

Why?

My dad has a new job there. My family isn't the richest of families, and this job promotion had high pay. Obviously, my dad was going to accept the offer.

I wanted to stay. I'm 19. I'm old enough to lead my own independent life here in the one and only New York City. But the tickets are already booked. I'm flying to Seattle tonight.

I checked my phone for the time. 7:45 A.M. it read.

"Jiyeon-ah !" my mom called from the kitchen. "Are all your belongings packed and ready to go?" she asked, smiling.

I looked at her, expressionless.

"Yeah. My luggage is ready." I said unwillingly.

"Look, Jiyeon. I know you're upset because you've fallen in love with New York, but make some room for a change ! Seattle will be beautiful. Maybe you'll fall for Seattle harder than you did for New York. Cheer up, will you ?" my mom said, trying to make me feel better.

"You don't understand, mom. Because if you did you would let me stay here. New York is special to me," I said with a sigh.

My mom just looked at me with "that look". You know, that look moms give you where she looks at you like "you know that's not gonna happen". Yeah. That look.

"Whatever. I'm heading out now. I'm gonna make the most out of the last 15 hours I'll be in New York. I'll be home by 11 at night. Our flight's at midnight. Correct?"

"Fine. Be safe. It's the last time we'll be here. Dad will pick us up at the Seattle airport," my mom said.

Yes. My dad was already at Seattle. He flew there a week early to settle down and start his new job.

I checked the time on my phone again. 8:15 A.M. Time really flies I thought to myself.

----------

author's note - this is my first time writing a story so i'm sorry if it's really bad but this and the next chapter is just an intro to the characters so it might get boring but stick around ! it gets better :) enjoy <3