chapter twenty : meant to be

jiyeon

I miss New York. I miss Renjun. I still texted and called Renjun from time to time during the first few years of moving, but we both became busy, and the communicating eventually came to an end. It's been 9 years. I am one of the richest CEOs in Seattle and I brought my company up to the top all by myself. Although Seattle is beautiful and has its charms, New York is and has always been more special.

One day I had to go on a business trip to New York to discuss some matters in opening a branch of our company in New York. I boarded the plane in business class, and slowly relaxed to enjoy the plane ride to New York. I was finally going to visit my home after nine whole years.

I needed to use the restroom, and they were all occupied except for the restrooms in the back of the plane, so I had to walk from the front of the plane to the back. 

When I got there, those too, were occupied, but I heard the toilet flush, so I waited for a little bit.

When the latch of the door clicked and unlocked, the bathroom door slid open and revealed a man with fluffy brown hair. He was wearing a cobalt blue leather jacket with a white t-shirt with thin blue stripes and blue ripped jeans with black Timberlands.

Our eyes met.

"Renjun..."

"Jiyeon..."