Chapter 1

It is tuesday morning, I and Emerald are sitting on the breakfast counter, sipping their Starbuck, smiling at each other and our mother Jasmine Meyer is busy in preparing breakfast and hearing their children's conversation but sometime give warning look to keep our conversation low.

We talk silently about my result. This weekend my school held graduation ceremony where every student get honored with a degree and graduation caps.

" I am going to graduate this weekend." I said chriply but silently.
" Congratulations...baby doll. I am so proud of you." Emerald congrats me in a husky voice while giving me ear to ear smile.

" There is no need of your congratulations only....you have to come and mommy too. I know father didn't come but please....you have to come... isn't it mom?" I said with pleading tone. My mother give me a nod with a smile.

" See mom is ready....please Em....tell me  you are coming..please...." I blinked my lashes with water in eyes.
" Okay okay.....now stop hypnotizing me with those eyes." He said with surrender voice and hands up. I hugged him lightly.

Harris Meyer, our dad is sitting on the nearby couch and reading newspaper with his eyebrows scrunched in a very serious mood.
" Emerald, when you are leaving for Paris business trip?" He asked.
" Next week dad. " Emerald replied casually.

" Why next week? You told me earlier that you are going at the middle of this week... probably on thursday because lots of work are pending there." Father question him now with one brows arched and paper on table.

I open my mouth to protest but Emerald stopped me.
" Actually dad, i have meeting this weekend with our new investors of our new project of Los Angeles so i postpone my trip." He lied with full confident. I eyed him and tried to control my laugh.

" Ohh....okay then it seems this project is very important for our company that's why you are postponing your trip. By the way I am also coming in that meeting."

" Ohh..no..no..dad i can manage. I can handle those investors. You have no need to come."

" Are you stopping me to come to mine company....man.." Dad stand up and asked in a suspicious tone with hands folded on his chest.

" What.... no dad why should i stopped you. Off course that was your company. You can come anytime & anywhere you want. I told you only because of your health dad. Nothing more." Sweat now became to appear on Emerald's forehead.

" I am fit and fine as you young man....you have no need to worry about me. I am coming and that's end of discussion." With that he turned on his heel and left.

Emerald stared only at gate form where dad left 5 sec ago and I & mother stared at him.

" I am telling you if your dad find out that you are lying him, god knows what he should do...." Jasmine, our mother said with worry.

" Yes Em...why did you lie for me. Dad became very angry when he find out that there has been no meeting in company this weekend." I wispered to Emerald.

God knows what come to Emerald mind, as  he turned his head to me and mother with smirk on his face. I and mother got confused.

" Yes, i have no meeting this weekend but who said that i couldn't arrange meeting."

" But Em....my graduation day....." I asked with frustration but cut by Emerald.

" What is the timing? " He asked.

" From 9 am to 12 pm " I replied

" Fine, then i arrange meeting at 12:30 pm. Give me a minute."  He said and stand up from his stool and dialled his secretary number. After 5 minutes he returned with a big smile.

" See... it's done. I told you that it is not a big deal for me." He shrugged. I jumped from my seat and hugged him tightly.

" Thank you.... Thank you.... Thank you brother. You know you are the best brother in this world." I praised him with excitement.

" I know...i know... Tell me something which i don't know baby."  With that he gain a slap on his chest and we started to laugh.

After seeing our childish love for each other, mother came out from kitchen and stand beside us.

" Hey guys did you forget me." She said with her open arms. We saw our mother and shook our head.

" How could we mommy...come join us.." Emerald open his one arm for mom and we all hugged each other.

Continued.....

Love if you like....
Give your support....vote and comments please....