Mission 01: Encounter of Fate

"Who is it?" Reiki opened the door of his house. He had just prepared breakfast when suddenly the bell in his house rang. In front of him, stood a light brown-haired young man and girl who looked his age.

"Yo! Fuyuki!" The spiky-haired young man in front of him tapped the tip of his index and middle fingers to his temple as a greeting while smiling broadly.

"Good morning." The asymmetrical bob-haired girl next to him lowered her head briefly.

"You guys?" Reiki looked surprised to see two people standing in front of his house. He did recognize them. Natsuki and Tsubaki, two people he had just met in the exam a few days earlier. Because of that, he did not expect to see them appear in his house suddenly like this. "Why are you here so early in the morning?"

"It's obvious, right?" Natsuki, the young man who stood in front of him grinned. "To pick you up and go to our new work together."

"From now on we will become a team, right?" Tsubaki, the girl beside him added.

Reiki blinked a few times before smiling. "OK. Wait a minute. I'll be ready."

Seeing Natsuki's smile while walking next to him, Reiki couldn't help but smile. "Natsuki, what's wrong? Did something good happen? It seems like you are very happy today."

"Of course!" Natsuki turned to him with a look that seemed to say that it was obvious. "Didn't the three of us manage to enter the special division together?"

"That's true." Reiki smiled again. A few days ago, they had just undergone the notoriously difficult SXD entrance exam. SXD, short for Spy X Detective is a government organization related to country security that works separately from them. 

Even though everyone knows about the organization, the difficulty of their exam, and also the benefits and risks of joining them, no one knows how to become their member because they didn't have an official exam to publicly recruit their members.

From the rumor, it is said that they conduct a secret exam every year that can only be taken by several chosen people. He never knows what that means before accidentally solving an encrypted flyer by chance. The inconspicuous flyer was a flyer announcing the time and place of the SXD annual entrance exam.

After thinking about whether to participate in the exam, he decides to join because of the benefits. If you passed the exam and are accepted in the organization, as a young member, the government will train you, pay for all your school tuition, give special admission to many restricted places, some legal leeway, and they will still give you a monthly salary. Of course, it will be difficult and a little dangerous, but with the many benefits, he thought there is no harm in trying. 

The three of them met, began to get close and help each other in the exam. Because of that, after learning that the three of them were successful, he also felt happy. "It's strange. Even though we just met, but I feel like we have known each other for a long time. "

"I feel that way too," Natsuki added.

"By the way," Reiki stopped his steps. "My name is Reiki. Yukimitsu Reiki." He realized that they both still called him by his code name. As an agent candidate, they are required to choose a code name to protect their identity and privacy before the exam. They will also use that name inside the organization.

Natsuki looked at him as if he had just changed forms before him. "Is it okay for you to tell your real name to the fellow agent you just met?"

Reiki just smiled. Even though it is recommended to use your code name to protect your identity from a fellow agent, it is not prohibited to tell your real name to someone you trust. "Didn't I say that I feel like I have known you for a long time?"