Past Enemy

ANOTHER day went by, after school. That moment I didn't expect Lauren will take me home, that she will wait for me, when my ex Shawn Mendes, confronted me. It was after our meeting, we're both members in the council.

"I heard the rumor about you and—Jauregui, the dyke."

"I know her well and I know what you meant, so please don't call her that."

"You know we can go back to the times when we're together..."

I'd stopped when I heard it from him and he continued that get me mad.

"—it will be easy we're going to do that so the rumors will stop..," and he stopped when he receive a slap from Camila.

"How thick is your conscience?"

"What?"

"My answer is no and it's final, I don't care about those stupid rumors, I will not go back to those times because you know why? My stomach is already lurching," and I notice him he was furious of what I said, "did I hurt your ego? Sorry but I don't care what they say, go and destroy me and I don't care, the Student Council? If you want it then take it, I don't need it anyway and besides you're the one who wants to be part of it because of fame that you crave and me the stupid one, let you fooled me."

"Stop it," he said, his teeth is gritted.

"I got you, didn't I? Now you know, that not all women like you..," until I heard Lauren's voice and I saw Shawn's hand raised and was ready to slap me.

"I don't know if which one of us is worst, me a dyke? Or you, a stupid bastard."

"Lauren..," then I went to her because I felt afraid when Shawn is around, "what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to pick you up."

I got blush when I heard it from her.

"A disgusting scenery," and pick his bag ready to leave when he heard Jauregui telling him his doings.

"Really, I ask you once again, which one of us is worst, me a dyke or you pretending to be innocent?"

And I saw Shawn approached Lauren, facing her, I meant it that I don't get what they are talking and I feel the tension around the room. And Shawn, he was starting to irritate and I know seeing his face anytime he could burst in madness, he was so furious, affected by what Lauren told him.

"Are you bored of your life?"

"Can I ask you the same question? You're the one who started this, not me, you're just pushing me to my limit and one more push Mendes, one more push, you know what will happen, just be glad because until now no one knows who you truly really are."

"Are you threatening me?" and stare coldly at Lauren's emerald eyes.

"Is that what you are getting then go ahead, as I say you just did push me to my limit, did you want me to emphasize it?"

"Wait for your time Jauregui, remember that."

"Then I'll gladly be waiting for you."

And Shawn leaves and slam the sliding door shut. And I stare at Lauren, I didn't saw anything in her, fear or dread, none, but I'm still worried.

"Hey Camz..."

"L-Lo..."

"I'm sorry if I screw Shawn."

"No, it's not that, and besides I don't care about him anymore."

"Then what's that in your face?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're worried, aren't you?"

And I look down, she really got me, she knew me already, but her words assured me that no one will happen bad or puts me in danger.

"Don't worry, I can take care of myself and I assure you, I will protect you."

The last words made my heart calm.

"Okay, if that's what you say."

"Thank you."

But their conversation didn't let off of my mind.

"I don't know that you knew Shawn and he knows you very well too."

"It's a long story when I met him."

"Can you tell me? 'Cause I saw him, he's in rage," then I assured her, "I'm not concern about him okay? I just really want to know."

"I understand, but not here, it's a bit confidential."

"Then in my apartment."

"Sure thing, let's eat first?"

"Sure, I'll do the cooking," and Lauren get my things and we left.