Chapter I

Authors Note:

Unang una sa lahat, patawarin nyo ako dahil hindi ko gamay ang third person POV. Sanay na 'ko sa 1st person kaya, dispensa kung may lapses man ako. Pangalawa, hi! First time kong gagawa ng story about vampires ('wag kayong magalala, may halo paring kabulastugan 'to, it's not like I can avoid that, psh.) sana po magustuhan nyo. Wala akong pakialam kung hindi. hehe.

Comment kayo guys kung dapat na lang ba 'ko manatili sa romance/gen.fiction na category at kung titigilan ko na ang pangangarap na kaya ko gumawa ng vampire/mystery/thriller.

I <3 U guys! muah muah! tsup tsup!

PS: Ngayon lang ako ulit nag author's note, pagbigyan na ;)

---

Nauuhaw ako.

Iyan ang unang bagay na pumasok sa isipan ni Aspen. She blinked several times before she took on her environment. She was in a hotel room and she had been living here for over a month. She liked the place, but she knew she had to leave somehow. And soon. She never spent more than a month in one place. It’s just that this place was perfect for her. Deserted and quiet minus nosy neighbors. Noong minsan kasi ay may kapitbahay siyang panay ang usyoso kung bakit bihira daw siya nitong makita tuwing umaga, may pagkakataon pang tinangka nitong pasukin ang bahay niya. She had no choice but to leave the place eventhough she liked the suburban community. It's either that or she had to kill the woman.

Napailing siya. Sayang. Masasarap pa naman ang dugo nila.

Without needing another reminder of her thirst, she disentangled herself from her satin sheets and got up from bed. She went straight to the window and pulled on the blinds, the sun was still up.

F-ck.

She unwillingly turned to her personal fridge and took out a bag of blood. She rolled her eyes as she examined it. Type O negative. Sa lahat yata ng mga bampira ay siya lamang ang maarte pagdating sa flavor ng dugo. Ang type O ang pinakaordinaryo ang lasa sa lahat. Almost bland, actually. Type A's a bit on the salty side and Type B's are on the sweet side. While the rare type AB..ugh! Her eyes nearly rolled back at memory of its taste. The taste was comparable to a tasty human food that'll make your mouth water. But in Aspen's case, makes her fangs elongate.

And of course she knew what human food taste like! Aspen has to eat human food from time to time. Having lived for almost two hundred years, she didn't only watch how the cultures evolved, but also how people discovered ways to enhance the taste of their food. For a vampire like her, however, she could not deny the fact that the quality of blood had dwindled away. Just like how the quality of life of most people on earth did.

Eating human food isn't that repulsive, though vampires prefer blood for the strength it provides them. Human food does nothing for her kind. The first time she tried eating their food was as an experiment when she was younger since she couldn't remember shit about her human days--before she was made into what she is now. Paminsan rin ay kailangan niyang magpanggap na normal na tao para maka-attract ng biktima kaya kailangan niyang kumain sa harap ng mga ito. So, she could taste their food alright, it just doesn't do anything to satiate ther hunger. And apparently, human food does not make vampires ill as opposed to their beliefs back then.

Pinilas niya ang gilid ng blood bag at sinipsip ang dugo mula roon. Naupo siya sa kama at nagmuni muni habang sumisimsim ng paborito niyang inumin. The blood from the bag is nothing compared to the blood from a living prey. Nothing's more delicious than fresh warm blood. Hindi gusto ni Aspen ang lasa ng dugo na nabahiran na ng lasa ng kemikal na nagmula sa blood bag.
Ngunit wala naman siyang ibang pagpipilian. It's only past two in the afternoon. The sun is still shining bright in the cloudless metro sky. She couldn't feed at this time. That would be too messy, too reckless.