Dealing With Death

Elijah Mikaelson felt like killing someone. He didn't often feel like that, but he wasn't often angry. He wanted to kill Niklaus. He wanted to tear his brother limb from limb, but, unfortunately, the rational part of him knew that he would regret that action later if he was to perform it.

He rose from the chair behind his desk and threw the Grimoire he had been reading so hard against the wall that is smashed through it and dented the one behind it in the next room. That was only a fraction of his strength. He mildly wondered if there was anything that wouldn't break if he used all of his strength on it.

It had been, what felt like, the 1000th Grimoire he'd read in the last two days and there wasn't a single spell for raising the dead. He was beginning to doubt there was such a spell, but he quickly dropped the thought from his mind.

There had to be a spell. There had to be a way to bring her back.

It had been three days since Niklaus had told him about the death of his one true love, Katerina Petrova. He had spent the first day killing things and breaking things and letting out his anger at Niklaus for keeping this secret; his anger at Katerina for letting herself be killed; his anger at everyone in Mystic Falls for making her human, feeding her to 2000-year-old immortal witches and even for stabbing her with the travellers knife when she had taken control of Elena Gilbert's body. He had respected Elena, even liked her, but given a choice between her and Katherine, he wouldn't even hesitate.

He looked down towards the messy pile of Grimoires that he had thoroughly read and reread in search for a spell, the neat, but small, pile of books he had yet to search and the newly made hole in the wall.

He looked down to where his fingers had been tapping anxiously on the table and noticed that his four fingers had made four, deep dents in the wood. He rose from his chair and left his office, resisting the urge to slam the door behind him. In the last few days he had broken a dozen doors by slamming them and Rebekah could only contain he rage for so long.

As he walked through the large manor, he was aware of how dishevelled he looked. He had left his jacket and tie in his office, rolled up the sleeves of his black shirt and his hair was messy. He didn't care though.

He opened the front door of the house and used his vampire speed to go through the gates. A young blonde girl in tight jeans was walking past and Elijah put his hand out to stop her.

"Follow me, and do not panic," he ordered using the power of compulsion. He then lead her back into the house and pushed her up against the wall. "Do not make a sound," he ordered, feeling his fangs extract. He pulled her blonde curls away from her neck and bit.