A lovers lost thoughts

Love. It's supposed to be a strong emotion between 2 people in joint destiny, love is also a terrifying thing, It can cause heartbreak, suffering, and even death.

The soulmate is supposed to be the crown jewel of love yet it is also at fault, many people a day believe that they have found their one and only, their"soulmate" and in all fairness they might have but just from my experience it doesn't work. I loved, I lost, that's the story of it all, you're either a fighter of a coward, you either love or you die, you're either the butcher or the cattle.

In all senses of the word I'm a hopeless romantic, I believed in true love and I only wanted to find it once so I looked, I looked far and wide and I found it or at least...I thought I did. It seems love can be felt by those who hurt us most yet how can you call it love? If you hurt the one you "love" then isn't that the same as not loving them? I made a promise to my other saying that I would always protect her and never leave her, she made me that same promise yet didn't keep it...does that mean she doesn't love me? ...Does that mean ...she hates me?...

I leave you to ponder these thoughts as I do and as yourself these exact same question.