Newest Recruit

AN: I'm back, beaches!

***

September 9, 2021

The sharp cries pierced Jake Peralta's ears. Usually he would ignore a crying baby, but he doubted that he ever would do that again. This baby was different. Because it was his.

His baby. His own baby! And Amy Santiago's baby! His and Amy's little boy. His life would never be the same again, and he was more than fine with that.

His life became a blur as the nurses took his baby boy to do whatever nurses do. He never really knew what they did, but as long as he got his baby back he would be okay. His mother and Amy's parents were already enamored with their newest grandson. Jake couldn't wait to show his baby off But maybe a quick nap would be good first. He glanced over to the bed where his beautiful wife was already taking a well-deserved nap. Jake smiled before nodding off.

Jake woke up to Amy shaking him awake, with their son in her arms, "It's time for him to meet the squad."

Jake jolted awake and looked around, suddenly remembering where he was. His mom and Victor and Camila were not in the room. They must have left. 

"They went to go to eat," Amy answered her husband's unasked question, "It was a long labor after all," she chuckled, "Also, they wanted to leave some room for the Nine-Nine." Long the labor was, for as on time Santiago's are, the baby was half Peralta, too.  

The squad came in one at a time, with each member excited and nervous to meet the newest member of their family.

***

Gina was the first one to come in the room due to Charles being too overwhelmed. It made sense Gina was first. Gina was Jake's first friend, first sister, first everything in his childhood. It made sense that Jake asked Gina to be his son's godmother. 

"Goose," Jake started, "It would mean so much to me and Amy. I'm Jewish, so the title means more to Amy, but if anything were to happen to either of us, I know this little guy would be in good hands."

"And Gina," Amy continued with a smile, "I know that you make fun of me and everything, like as a joke and whatever, but this guy is already cooler than both of us and could use some professional guidance in that area."

"Oh young Jacob, Amy, it would be my honor," Gina said earnestly, "I'll make sure he loves you both almost as much as he loves his Aunt Gina."

***

 Charles was next. He had calmed down as much as he could, considering his best friend just had a baby. 

Charles took gently touched the baby's face, "He's perfect, isn't he? The most precious thing."

"What about Nikolaj? Your own son?" Amy asked.

"Yeah he's amazing, but he's no Peraltiago," Charles answered now holding the small bundle.

"He's not serious," Jake said to his wife, "Is he?"

"Just let him be. Let him have his moment," Amy retorted, "Just wait until we tell him he has about ten people to fight to be favorite uncle, and that's including a cannibal and a car theif."

Charles would have fainted again if he wasn't holding the baby.

***

Rosa came in looking more nervous than Jake expected. 

"I didn't know what babies liked, so I got him this knife set," she said handing a blue bag to a scandalized Jake, "I'm kidding! I'm not a idiot. It's a machete."