Part 2

TAILS- Dashing through the lab door, I breathed a sigh of relief. It was only knuckles and shadow. Shadow was pale and knuckles honestly looked drained, worried and nervous.

Tails- What are you doing here? And most importantly, what happened?

Knuckles-  Did you see the news?

Tails- Yeah. I'm trying to find the guy who did it. Don't freak out but...I think ...sonic might be a part of it.

Knuckles stood up more, shocked by tails suggestion. Knuckles started to argue with him but he was cut off before he could begin.

Tails- I know what your gonna say but  YOU don't live with him. He's always had a thing with going out at night with no explanation when he thought I was asleep. I questioned him about it again yesterday. He made the same excuse but he did say something interesting...

                        ~Flashback~
I heard footsteps in the hall, that must mean...Sonic's back! I have to ask where he went. Going up to him I started to question him.

Sonic- Hey little bud!

Tails- Where were you?

Sonic- You know, I was taking a midnight run like always.

Tails- Why is there ash on you glove? Is that kerosene I smell?

Sonic- No, though if you do, I did help in a fire. *under his breath* He deserved it.

Tails-'who deserved to get burned?' What did you say? I couldn't hear the last part.

Sonic- Huh? Oh nothing. Nothing at all. Don't worry! I'm going to work on that project in my room.

Sonic left for his room, leaving me alone with my troublesome thoughts.
                ~Flashback End~

Tails- And that's what's got me worried. He also mentioned something about a fire at Eggman's base, like on the news. But he said this before it happened. I think he only said it because he didn't know he wasn't alone.

Knuckles shook his head, unable to believe this but seeing and agreeing with what I said. He looked at shadow who nodded, also understanding. I really wish it wasn't like this.