Short scene

(3rd pov) 

Akatsuki had grown into a larger organization. Saving several small villages and recruiting new people. Nagato was standing on the second floor of the abandoned building they were staying in.

He smiled as he saw all the people who were smiling and talking to each other.

"It's funny isn't it?" nagato looked up to see Yahiko who was smiling as he came over and leaned on the rail looking down.

"3 years ago we were talking about our dreams and now here we are...taking the few steps to obtain our dream. " Yahiko said with a soft look in his eyes.

"It truly is a sight." Nagato smiled. "Where's Konan?" Yahiko wondered.

"She's asleep...she's tired from healing everyone's wounds." Nagato said. Yahinko nodded as he stood up. "And Ami?" he wondered. Nagato's eyebrows creased together.

"She wasn't with you?" he wondered. Yahiko shook his head. Yusuke was passing the 2 males. "Yusuke have you seen Ami?" Yahiko asked.

Yusuke looked at them. "Hm? Oh Ami-onee? I think she's talking to Shin about something out on the balcony." he said walking downstairs. The 2 males looked at each other confused as they went to go investigate.

The 2 males hid behind a wall as it poured rain. They could see Ami and Shin out on a balcony that had a roof over it. 

"What are they doing?" Yahiko wondered narrowing his eyes. Shin was bowing. "Please Ami-san....I love you! Please accept my feelings!" Shin asked in a calm voice.

Yahiko and Nagato's eyes widen, but Nagato's heart dropped in fear of what her answer would be.

They saw a smile on her face, Shin stood straight. She said something quietly. Shin nodded as he sadly smiled and kissed her hand and walked away. 

"What did she say?!" Yahiko whispered almost hissing as his big brother mode switched on. 'I wish i knew...'Nagato thought sadly as he slid down the wall and stared at the ground. He felt like his world was slowly crumbling.

"Nagato, Yahiko. Why are you here?" Ami's voice called sending shivers up their spines. "Umm uhh...w-what were you and Shin talking about!" Yahiko yelled a little flustered. 

"Why do you want to know? it's nothing a little boy should worry about." Ami said with a smirk as she put her hand on her hip. Yahiko got an irk mark as he jumped out from behind the wall and pointed at her.

"As the oldest member of the group! i demand you to tell me!" he shouted angered.

 She chuckled at his stupidity.

"And as the sister of your crush, i demand to know if you want me to tell her?" She said as she raised an eyebrow. Yahiko turned white. He laughed sheepishly and in a second he was running away. Nagato smiled a little as he stood up.

"Ne Nagato? Why were you spying on me?" Ami called out with a smirk.

"What did you say to him?" nagato called out. Ami's eyes soften at the sound of his voice. nagato was still hiding from her view."I told him it wouldn't work out...." she said. 

"Not until Akatsuki's dream was fulfilled." She finished.  Nagato's heart was beating again and relief came over him. he let out a silent sigh. He was a little sad by the fact that she wouldn't love him till that day came but was happy there was still a chance. 

"Ne Naga-kun! Can you train with me?" Ami asked as she put her hand up and it sparked with electricity. Nagato smirked as he came out with a kunai up.

"Sure" he said as him and her launched at each other. His kunai could not cut her skin as her arm and his kunai collided. They both stared in each other's eyes with amusement and a slight softness.

"I miss training with you." she smiled. He did too.

"So do i...it brings back memories." he whispered.They then pushed off each other and continued.

Yahiko was ontop of a building smiling at the 2. 'I hope that at the end of this, you 2 find happiness.' Yahiko thought with a smile as he turned around to go back into the building.

Farther away Obito was glaring. 'At this point The brat won't come' White/ black Zetsu said. "He will soon....if we were to hurt her he'd no doubt suspect it was us and refuse entirely....all we can do is be patient." he said in Madara's voice.

White Zetsu agreed while Black Zetsu sighed irritated about the whole situation. The 2 figures sank into the ground to go back to their base.