Precious Person

(3rd pov) 

Two days had passed and neither Nagato nor Ami had waken up. The group were taking shelter in one of the Akatsuki's safe houses where a pond was out in the back. Yahiko was running patrol and contacting the other Akatsuki members while Konan took care of the two. 

She was currently getting some water from the pool of water when she heard the crunching of grass. She quickly stood up with a smile. There stood a slightly dazed Nagato. "You're up!" She exclaimed happily. 

Nagato held his head in one hand while holding on to the wall for support. "Mhm..." he responded. "You've been out for two days. Yahiko will be back soon." She told him. She walked over and checked his temperature. 

"Good. Your fever is gone." 

"Where's Ami?" he asked looking around. He was quite disappointed when the purple head female wasn't there to greet him. Konan's face fell slightly making Nagato's heart dropped. 

Konan led Nagato to Ami's room where she sleep peacefully on a mat. Nagato could feel guilt eat away at him as he stared at her weak form. His hands clenched tightly before he took quiet steps towards her. 

Her entire chest area to her waist was covered in bandages. Nagato sat beside her and gripped her hand tightly. ".....I did this didn't I?" Nagato asked rhetorically. Konan was about to retort but knew her words wouldn't persuade Nagato in any way. 

"She said she wanted none of us to worry about it." 

Nagato clenched her hand tighter as his hair covered his eyes. "If I.....if I hadn't been distracted and lost myself then..."

"There was nothing you could do Nagato. This isn't your fault and I know that if Ami were awake she'd say the same thing." Konan insisted. She got no response back. She held the door handle and looked at Nagato with a slight frown. 

"I'm going to go find Yahiko. We'll be back as soon as we can. "She said quietly before closing the door.