Chapter 9

As I point out that Braga is going to kill Jackson and Gabrielle, I am on the ground. Dad is above me his fist raised, I know what he's going to do next, I grab his other hand and end up flipping him over me. He stands up quickly and I'm on my feet in no time.

"This is all your fault." He says as he comes at me, I dodge his first hit. He then grabs me by my hair, low blow dude, and slams me onto the ground.

"You wanna kill me, huh! In front of your grandkids?" I ask him and he looks at Vince and Isabella, and then back down at me. He then raises his fist again.

"Dom!" We hear Mia yell, he goes to punch me, but I again dodge it. I slide out from underneath him, and wrap my leg around his neck and roll until I've got him in a leglock. He reaches up and grabs my arm and flips me off of him, and then he's on top again and back into trying to punch me, I've blocked every punch so far.

"Enough." Nobody says, Dad gets off of me. I lay there. Nobody helps me up and I just look at Dom.

"I can't help those kids if you beat the living shit out of me!" I yell at Dom, he rolls his eyes.

"Fuck you, Dom." I say, I walk over to my kids and husband.

Cameron checks me over to see if Dom had hurt me, Vince is crying and hugs me. Isabella looks at me, and her bottom lip quivers.

"Oh come here my babe." I say with open arms, I wince slightly because of the forming bruises on my arms, considering I blocked all of his punches with them.

"Momma..." she says and she starts to cry, I hold her close and look at Cameron. His eyes show concern for what just happened.

"I'm fine, really," I tell him and I chuckle, "you think that's the first time that's happened?" I said to him, he cocks his head at me.

"I got in trouble a lot as a kid, and lets just say Dom and I use to fight a lot." He chuckles a little at that, I caress Isabella's hair as I hold her close to my heart. 

"They believe that she is dead," Nobody's voice announces to us, "that means, they think that her kids are also dead." He tells us, and I look down at my son.

"We need to get Gabrielle and Jackson out of his reach. And I mean now." I tell him, everyone looks at me. 

"His plan is, if he finds out I'm alive, to kill them. I shouldn't even be here." I tell them, Cameron's hand rests on my lower back.

I look at Taylor, her eyes are bloodshot from where she's been crying so much for the kids. I look at Jack and see that he's across the room from her, he's not even trying to comfort her. My brother is standing in the corner of the room watching them, as if he's trying to figure out what I'm trying to figure out.

"Why aren't you comforting your wife in this time of need, Jack?" I say, I hand Isabella back to her father, Jack looks up at me in confusion.

"You kids are in harms way and you stand across the room from your grieving wife? What kind of father, husband, are you?" I ask him, he squares his shoulders.

"Who gave you the right to talk, you abandoned your children, to what? Protect them? From what?" He walks closer to me, and I roll my eyes at him.

"I left to not only protect them, to protect all of you. I knew what Cipher was capable of, I knew that if I didn't try to protect you, she'd try and find a way to kill you all." 

"Well look what happened! Your kids were kidnapped, my kids were kidnapped, they drugged my wife. I mean this is all your fault. If you hadn't of helped him escape prison, none of this would have happened!" This time he gets in my face, I then grab him by the collar of his shirt and pull him even closer.

"If your dumbass cousin wouldn't have put me in there, Braga wouldn't be out here." I then slam him into the ground, I put my foot on his throat. He grabs my ankles, but I just push my foot harder into his throat. 

"Ariana!" I hear Mia yell at me, and I just stand there. 

"Get in my face again O'Connor, and I will kill you." I rip my foot out of his grip and off of his throat, I turn to everyone else.

"Think what you want of me, as long as Braga thinks I'm dead, you have a good chance at catching him. Do that and I'll leave you all alone." I say, everyone drops their heads. 

"What happened to your neck?" Mom asks me, I turn and look at her.

"What?" 

"You have a hand print on your neck, not causes by your father or even Jack, where'd it come from?" She asks, I run my fingertips over the bruise I had forgotten of by the time.

"Braga sent three men to my house yesterday, one held me against the wall and his hand was wrapped my throat." I tell her, she nods her head.

"We need to work together as a team," Mom starts, "so what if Ariana faked her death, so what if she left her husband and kids, she kept them safe. She kept us safe by "dying". She did what she thought was right, and if you can't see that then you need to leave. Now." Mom tells everybody.

Nobody moves, they stay in their places in a circle around the television. Cameron comes up behind me, our daughter in his arms and our son next to him.

"I was devastated by my wives death two years ago," he starts, then looks at the kids, "but then I remembered she had left so much behind for us. Her legacy, her two children. And a whole family who loves each other behind." As he says the last part I hear my brother snicker.

"Shut up, Brian. You love us and you know it." I tell him, he chuckles and smiles.

"Now before my husband gets too weepy," I say patting him on the shoulder.

"Let's figure out how to get these kids back."