Part 2

I explained my situation to my Uber drive, Raj, and he did his best to race over to the building where my interview was, risking both our lives.

I finally made it to the building, a 27 story high skyscraper, at 12:01. As if this day couldn't go off to a worse start, the elevator was broken and I needed to be on the 21st floor.

I raced up the stairs till my lungs almost gave out and at 12:13, I was halfway up the last flight of stairs. Even if I didn't get this job, I'd surely have even better, more godly calves than I already did.

"Hey, I'm y/n, I'm here for the interview, so sorry I'm late," I wheezed to the secretary when I finally made it. He looked to be around 20-ish with poofy brown hair, dorky glasses, and hazel eyes.

He gave my a big goofy smile and chuckled, "haha, it's forgivable. I know getting up to the 21st floor can be quite a grueling task without an elevator. I'm Cody, by the way."

We shook hands and not a minute later, a middle aged man opened a door and waved me in. "Miss ____?" I nodded and again apologized for my tardiness. The man led me to a large office room at the end of a hallway.

I opened the door to see a man with his back turned sitting in a rolling chair. He had dark hair and a strong presence one could feel without even seeing his face. It felt like everything else around me disappeared, except for the back of this mystery man's head and the strangely delicious scent of vanilla, mango, and a bit of weed.

I finally escaped my trance and read the name plate on the man's desk: Elon R. Musk.